Facility & Company Information > Oak Ridge

Oak Ridge Y-12 National Security Complex

(1/4) > >>

Rennhack:
Don't forget to vote, keep your comments civil.

Andy Owen:
Y-12 is a good place to retire from the road, Maggie and I now have 3 boys and have been here for 10 yrs.  HPs can contact Kelly Services at 865-481-4900 for a starter job which could turn into a long term "house job" with BWXT or SEC.  Rates are about $24-28/hr for Sr Techs with a L or Q clearance.  Area is real nice to raise a family.  DOE is downsizing K-25 and X-10 sites or presently known as ETTP and ORNL. 
Thanks
Andy Owen

jculver1959:
I was wondering if anyone has taken the Y-12 site specific RCT exam. I was given a manual and told I had two weeks to study and then take exam. Is it simular to the core (multiple choice) or is it a different format? Is there anywhere where you can view sample questions ie: Nukeworkers core practice exam? If anyone can give me a heads up I would appreciate the knowledge.

JC

Rennhack:
I have never taken Y-12's PArt 2, but I have taken others.  It is also multiple guess format.  I do not know of any practice tests or question examples for part 2.  I'd suggest you focus on the objectives, but leave no stone unturned (i.e. all of the material in part 2 is testable.  My Part 2 asked my the density thickness of the wall of an RO-2, and what was the lowest MeV Beta that a 44-9 could detect.

Rennhack:
Volfireman,

Great article.  PLEASE read this:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,5385.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version