Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Task Preparation Process

Author Topic: Task Preparation Process  (Read 3116 times)

Offline n.e. nuke

• Very Lite User
Task Preparation Process
« on: Jul 18, 2016, 03:03 »
I'm currently qualifying as a non-licensed operator at my plant and almost fully qual'd.  I was wondering if any other operators, licensed or non licensed, would share any tips as to what their preparation process looks like when getting ready for a surveillance or task?

How do you prepare for a pre-job brief? Do you do anything special that blows your SRO’s or Shift Managers away?

At my plant we have a standard briefing agenda and many checklists too ensure you’re prepared for the task.  These include things like checking the pre-job brief database, expected alarms, referencing P&ID’s, summarizing cautions and notes in the procedure, task preview, contingency actions, etc…

Are there any special checklists or habits you have personally developed to ensure your prepared and ready for the brief and the task?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Task Preparation Process
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2016, 07:42 »
I walk it down in the plant.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Re: Task Preparation Process
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2016, 10:37 »
Whats your procedure say to do?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?