Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu failed at collage  

Author Topic: failed at collage  (Read 6824 times)

Offline theMort

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
failed at collage
« on: Jul 26, 2016, 11:39 »
I have a question for everyone her I just finished my first year at collage and to put it mildly i did not due so well.
 I want to know if that will effect my chances of getting in to the nuke program.

I had about a 3.2 gpa in high school and like a B average in science and math classes

Offline theMort

• Lurker
Re: failed at collage
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2016, 11:50 »
I forgot to mention I have ADHD and am taking my year off with out meds
Will ADHD disqualify me for working on a sub or anything

Offline ipregen

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2016, 10:39 »
You do not need college to be in the Nuke program, but since you didn't do well it gives an indication of your level of commitment. Commitment is a big part of the military, there is no quitting. Maybe you should rethink what is important and what your goals are.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2016, 01:29 »
Besides if you fail at putting a bunch of pictures together on a poster, what makes you think you can make it in Nuke school?
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2016, 02:36 »
I have a question for everyone her I just finished my first year at collage and to put it mildly i did not due so well.
 I want to know if that will effect my chances of getting in to the nuke program.

I had about a 3.2 gpa in high school and like a B average in science and math classes

I have a question for everyone her here I just finished my first year at collage college and to put it mildly i I did not due so well.
I want to know if that will effect affect my chances of getting in to the nuke program.

I had about a 3.2 gpa in high school and like a B average in science and math classes.

Attention to detail would be a good start, this is a web site and short hand is common but if you want to be taken seriously a positive impression would help. Have you talked to a recruiter? Needs of the Navy change almost every year and the only way to know for sure is to start the conversation with the Navy. ASVAB scores and other criteria would be a better indicator of your chances to get into the program.

As to ADHD I believe you will have to get a waiver, again that will require initiating contact with a recruiter and starting the process.

There are a couple of posters who have recently been Navy Recruiters. Hopefully they can give you some current information and help with dealing with a recruiter.

Sorry if I seemed a little rough but the program can be a little rough. It is not rocket science but it does come at a rapid pace and the Navy wants people who are likely to complete the training pipeline.

Good luck, be positive.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2016, 04:19 »
I have a question for everyone her here I just finished my first year at collage college and to put it mildly i I did not due do so well.
I want to know if that will effect affect my chances of getting in to the nuke program.

I had about a 3.2 gpa in high school and like a B average in science and math classes.

You missed one.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2016, 04:55 »
You missed one.

There go my teaching credentials.  8)

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2016, 07:11 »
Wow just wow

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2016, 07:13 »
Btw it doesnt matter how well you did in college. Unless you mention it no one will look at it. If you had a C Average in algrebra one you are eligible. The rest is just a bunch of bs. Saying that I agree that you have an attention to detail issue and in nuclear that will destroy you

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 2016, 07:50 »
Slo Glo's love child.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 29, 2016, 09:38 »
Eye I resisted the impulse to currect correct this post wen when I furst first saw it, but I cee see now that I didn't kneed to hold back. (Honestly I did not know if it was real or just bait.)
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2016, 09:39 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #11 on: Aug 02, 2016, 10:21 »
Slo Glo's love child.
ahh hahahaha!
tanks rdtroja. eye two red it n bout roflmao, caws aye new watt ways peeps hear wood go wit it.
😅
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2016, 09:16 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #12 on: Aug 03, 2016, 09:18 »
my bad... four got two give smart people kudos fore the subject comment.
😉
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?