Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security clearance taking too long?

Author Topic: Security clearance taking too long?  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Scarab123321

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Security clearance taking too long?
« on: Aug 29, 2016, 12:16 »
So I'm trying to become a nuke, but my security clearance is going on 10 months and still not back for me to ship. I don't think there's anything that would hold it back; US citizen, parents US citizens, etc. my recruiters have very little info for me and I'm worried I'm going to miss my second ship date too in October. Since I'm just floating around in the dark is there anyone I can call myself to find out what the problem is? My life has been on hold sine I went to meps and I can't really have my ship date be pushed back again.

Offline JasonConner

• Light User
Re: Security clearance taking too long?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2016, 01:38 »
I'm not sure about DoD, but clearances through OPM slowed to a snail's pace after the much-publicized hack into their records.  While it's likely not what you want to hear, about the only thing you can do is worry and wait.  10 months *seems* like a really long time, but I've known clearance processes to take several years.  As far as I know, there isn't anyone you can call to speed up the process.  There's a well-known saying that I've heard at various places, and that's that everything "moves at the speed of government."  Chin up, and before long you will hear something.  People will start calling you to tell you that government agents had been around to ask questions about you.

Offline Darkrhoads

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Security clearance taking too long?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2016, 09:11 »
Well I depped in 20160601 and my clearence came back adjudicated three days ago so right around two months.  I was originally supposed to ship next March but now I'm just waiting for a spot to clear up because someones clearance didn't go through so that I can ship early.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?