Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Security clearance

Author Topic: Navy Security clearance  (Read 3229 times)

Offline steve_glynn

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Navy Security clearance
« on: Sep 06, 2016, 02:00 »
 I was set to leave for Bootcamp in 6 days then my recruiter calls and says I might not be leaving till January because my security clearance is not back yet. Any ideas why I might be singled out or why they are taking so long. I read on a different forum that 1 in 500 sailors get selected for TS clearance due to certain ships.

Offline Blahh_beautyy

• Lurker
Re: Navy Security clearance
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2016, 01:12 »
I can tell you you aren't being singled out. I depped in Dec 7 of 2015 and still haven't shipped. My original date was June 29th and it has been changed 3 times. I'm currently scheduled to leave in October and everything seems to be going well this time. My recruiter told me a lot of nukes were having problems with clearances. Just keep faith. You will get shipped out soon.

Offline twinkletoni

• Light User
Re: Navy Security clearance
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2016, 11:25 »
OPM is backlogged with clearance requests due to the closure of the E-QUIP software summer of 2015.  The 3 or so months it was off line really put all clearances back a few months. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?