Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu radiation makes you fat honeypot

Author Topic: radiation makes you fat  (Read 3514 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Chimera

Re: radiation makes you fat
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2016, 12:11 »
"weight of gonadal white adipose tissue "

That's what makes me fat???

BetaAnt

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2016, 09:00 »
What the hell is this? HPT gets fried at 500 rem in 6 months in either acute or chronic exposures. I would think that the HPT would be fat from the legal action.

But, seriously,that much exposure will cause edema (body swelling and fluid retention) as the body attempts to repair itself or systems shutdown. You have just receive a greater than LD 50/30 dose and major blood changes are occurring. Fat cells contain extra energy and fluid for the body. As body functions fail fluids and excess carbs will load into the fat cells for possible future use.
This research is flawed in that it highlights a causal symptom and not a causal effect. This thesis gets C- for waste of money.

It is the same as stating "drinking beer causes increased fat cell production". Well, it depends on the amount of beer you consume over a 6 month period. Kegs, cases, six-packs, or singles.

What really causes HPTs to get fat are the dinners and deserts we tend to share during outages and holidays.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2016, 07:45 »
thanks, betaant, four the technical assistance.

" that much exposure will cause edema (body swelling and fluid retention) ... fluids and excess carbs will load into the fat cells for possible future use."

radiation makes ewe fat.  😉
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?