Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Utility Contacts honeypot

Author Topic: Utility Contacts  (Read 3577 times)

Offline evolvedsimiantech

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Utility Contacts
« on: Oct 04, 2016, 05:36 »
Greetings!

Brand new to the forums here, happy to meet everyone.  :)

So, I recently started a company doing engineering services for the energy/power industry. I have experience working in the nuclear power industry, but it was some moons ago. I am looking for some outage support contracts. I've registered as a supplier on several (feels like all) utility websites. Some utilities, OPPD for example, post some of their RFPs on the line for public info.
 ???
Firstly, who should I be looking to contact within the power station? i.e. engineering dept., maintenance dept., CEO, who?
Secondly, where would I be able to find contact information for these folks? I've looked on the line for this info, but have come up empty.

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
Re: Utility Contacts
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2016, 03:37 »
It's just short of impossible for a "start-up" company to break into the commercial nuclear industry. Even more so now with the "Nuclear Promise". Almost no one is willing to take a chance on an unknown/unproven vendor. Most contracts require an extensive resume/work history of past performance. Your only real chance would likely be at a site where you have a past working relationship with major players, or to team with an established nuclear vendor company.

As far as contact information goes, you're not going to find that with an internet search. It's not readily published and available to average joes. You need to know someone.

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2016, 11:11 »
Another path might be to set up your business in such a way to allow you to apply for DOE contracts as a minority business.

Offline evolvedsimiantech

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2016, 04:35 »
thanks for the feedback folks.

love the name tolstoy. are you lev fan?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?