Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Jeff Denton
honeypot

Author Topic: Jeff Denton  (Read 4506 times)

Offline hotwing

• Very Lite User
Jeff Denton
« on: Nov 01, 2016, 11:57 »
It saddens me to add Jeff Denton to this list.He passed away early Tuesday morning from a short fight with a pacreatic infection.

Jeff started his long career in the nuke world at Calvert Cliffs in Maryland. Along the way he worked at Fernald in Ohio, WTP in Texas, Savannah River site in South Carolina and Waltz Mill in western Pennsylvania where he finished his career.

I not only had the privaledge to work with Jeff at many of these sites, but I also called him brother. He was family and Dee and the kids will forever be in my heart. He wasnt perfect, but thats what made him unique.

Raise a bottle of Crown to his memory.

Fab.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Jeff Denton
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2016, 09:49 »
Very sad, indeed. I knew Jeff at Calvert. He was unique (none of us is perfect) and an interesting guy. He also had a great cat-that-ate-the-canary smile. My condolences to his family and friends.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2016, 10:02 »
   Fernald was a road tech Casablanca with lots of characters, Jeff fit in well. It saddens me that so many of that family have passed.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2016, 07:16 »
If this was the Jeff Denton that worked at Savannah River Site training in 2010, he was a great guy, very fair person who all the training personnel seemed to goto as a rock when they needed answers.  Sorry to see him gone, seemed so full of life.

Offline Diana

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2016, 08:06 »
Saddened by the news.  Had the pleasure to work with Jeff at Fernald.  Great guy.  RIP Jeff.  Prayers to family and friends. 

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2016, 08:46 »
this is one of those i hate, when i view a name that sounds familiar, but i think is pretty common, so there's a good chance i don't know them. jeff was not common, and if you knew him you knew it. a great guy, an excellent tech, n one i am glad to have known.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline hotwing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2016, 05:41 »
If this was the Jeff Denton that worked at Savannah River Site training in 2010, he was a great guy, very fair person who all the training personnel seemed to goto as a rock when they needed answers.  Sorry to see him gone, seemed so full of life.

Hey Ham,  your thinking of Jerry Denton in the training dept. This was Jeff Denton, ironically no relation but they new each other attended the same high school and worked  Calvert Cliffs together. Jeff worked the East Hill and Saltstone Facility while he was at SRS/ SRR.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2016, 06:30 »
ok thanks!  glad at least one Denton lives on....sorry about the other one.  wow what a coincidence on their intersecting lives.  thanks hotwing.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?