Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Brunswick Nuke Plant NC  

Author Topic: Brunswick Nuke Plant NC  (Read 4941 times)

Offline sunfin22

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Brunswick Nuke Plant NC
« on: Nov 10, 2016, 11:51 »

Hey guys.
       I'm a NLO at a site in FL but my family and I are really interested in moving to NC near the Brunswick site.  I understand the process and all that goes on during the hiring process for an operator position so I am aware that me moving companies is going to make me start the whole process over but am still really interested in trying to move there.  Does anyone have any info or advice about when they may be accepting a new OPS class or where I can get a heads up when they may start taking applications.  I know I can check the duke website every day but that's not overly efficient.  Any help would be great.  Thanks

Offline Red Gold

• Light User
Re: Brunswick Nuke Plant NC
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2016, 08:33 »
It may not be overly efficient, but checking various companies' websites at least a couple times a week is a big part of how I have gotten all my jobs in the industry thus far. Nothing beats staying on top of the postings yourself.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2016, 01:05 »
He11 yeah.  Taking advantage of a company's unwillingness to look for applicants on other websites is huge. I got 2 big jobs not too many people probably knew about due to this.  And I always hear from friends about a job they found I had no idea about.  Good ones usually.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2016, 09:51 »
He11 yeah.  Taking advantage of a company's unwillingness to look for applicants on other websites is huge. I got 2 big jobs not too many people probably knew about due to this.  And I always hear from friends about a job they found I had no idea about.  Good ones usually.

Good advice  +K

Networking works in all businesses.  ;) Initiative is appreciated by most employers.  [prize]

[coffee]

Offline sunfin22

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2016, 12:48 »
I am fine with networking but I know absolutely nobody there so it will be hard for me to network.  If anyone could help that would be great.  The only favor I can give you in return is if you want to work in South Florida. 

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2016, 01:09 »
As far as specific house jobs probably checking the Duke website is the only way, if a company is going to hire externally like that it should be right up on the website.  You could sign up for Indeed, they always send recommended jobs to my email so Indeed might find it for you.  But it is relatively easy to find job if you know exactly where you want to work and what job.  Usually you can go to a company's website (like Duke) and sign up and have your resume on file within their hiring database, so if a job that comes up and fits your resume you could get an email.  Maybe someone here who is with Duke could give you more specific info.

Offline sunfin22

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2016, 09:31 »
Ham,
     thanks a lot for your reply.  I will just continue to look every day and hope that someone on here has an inside to the plant. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?