Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu This article is a good snapshot of how the press is duping the public

Author Topic: This article is a good snapshot of how the press is duping the public  (Read 1248 times)

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/pilgrims-progress-inside-the-american-nuclear-waste-crisis

Although not as bad as an article from a totally biased website such as Ecowatch, I know everyone on this site can find at least 10 things that are skewed from reality and not telling both sides of the story in this article.  Half truths all over the place and a couple of outright laughable "misrepresentations".  And the almost subliminal nature of the falsehoods makes it even worse when compared to more blatant articles.  These types of articles from big name media outlets are just sad.  Yeah I know the New Yorker is obviously liberal but alot of people on the fence will read this type of crap and totally buy into it.

Looking at groups such as the "Downwinders" makes me think of a friend of mine in the industry who used to take part in one of the local groups in his community.  He said they were all hell bent on being against nuclear power and didn't care about anything he had to offer as a reasonable person who lived in the same community as them who happened to have 30 years nuclear experience.  He tried to talk to them and they would listen politely at times but just went on talking about the same BS that all these websites love to harp on that just aren't true.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?