Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Favorite RPMs ?

Author Topic: Favorite RPMs ?  (Read 14276 times)

Phillip

Favorite RPMs ?
« on: Mar 15, 2002, 09:53 »

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
Re: Who are your favorite RPMs ? (let's be nice no
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2002, 04:35 »
Tom Tankersley, Bob Prince, Al Johnson, and Bob Farnum are the tops on my list

DUCTTAPE

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2002, 12:58 »
Bob Farnum

moodusjack

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2002, 06:51 »
Dick Trudeau, Tom Sowdon.

K_Engebretson

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2002, 06:51 »
Jim Smith from ANO is by far on of the best.

Offline curtis

• Industrial Hygienist/Sr. H.P.
  • Light User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2002, 04:40 »
Jim Smith is probably the best I ever had the pleasure of working with. Although on Feb. 11th there was a posting for a Superintendent Radiation Protection for ANO. If he is still at ANO great, if not hopefully he landed in a better position.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog, if you cant eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

memcconnell

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2002, 04:41 »
Jeff Foster (Duke Power - previously at McGuire, now at Catawba), was a fine RPM to work for while I was at McGuire ('81-'93).
Back then,(I've heard he has since changed) he came across as aloof, but then once you got to know him, you found an honest and fair man. Jeff is committed to his work, and he expects the same from the people that work for him. In return, he treats you with great respect.

jjordan

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2002, 02:49 »
What no votes for Dorsey Smith, or Al Stafford? :o Well I have a few choices, Tim Steed, Doug Boone, and Steve Hamilton. Here's one for Rain Man, slogo,and housepuke. How about Joe Kosmol {Retired}:D Well I know I'm gonna take a lot of heat for mentioning Steve, but I'm not really afraid! Before you bash me though, click on your own profile. Doed it say "hidden"? I thought so! ;) Now, who's afraid? ??? Steve is doing an excellent job here at Brunswick, The RPM's have a notoriously short half life here! He's worked here before as a tech, so he's paid his dues, and he knows this plant and a lot of the people. You will see him in the plant a good bit, and if you have a problem or a concern he will discuss it with you. I find him quite knowledgeable on most evrything  we have disscussed. :)  He is genuinely concerned about the well being of his techs ;D I also know that he'll eventually read this, since at the beginning of our outage, I was posting here, trying to help staff. He rewarded me with a gift certificate for $25.00 I immediatley invested it in ice cream! Return on investment, miles of smiles. Most of us enjoy working for him, and I haven't heard a bad word spoken about him. He still has a few rather large challenges in front of him, :P I know he will do well! :D I also know that I'll be accused of sucking up! Well so be it! >:( Y'all are just mad because you didn't think of it first! ;) Ohhh, I almost forgot! :- My little buddy Gooch Cheatem is now at HB Robinson! Talk about challenged! :P He's gonna need a lot of help this fall with their outage! I'm gonna be there, how about it? It'll be a lot better than it was! ;D
See y'all there!
JJ

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2002, 04:06 »
jjordan,  is Joe still alive.  I thought he was pickled in a jar at Turners in Monaca?
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

jjordan

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2002, 04:52 »
Don't know if he's still alive, but alcohol is a good preservative! Hell look at me, I don't look a day over 60! 8)

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2002, 02:12 »
The next One! 8)
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Brian_E

« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2002, 01:24 »
Jim Smith has regrettably been promoted at ANO. He is definitely missed by his former department there.

urtall1

Re: Favorite RPMs ?
« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2004, 01:52 »
I'd have to say Ed Robinson, formally of VC Summer, one of the finest nuke plants in the US.  He is now at Watts Bar, and maybe one day I will get the chance to work for him again.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2004, 02:36 »
well DJ ..
Harry A. should have a place in YOUR heart! ;)

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2004, 10:01 »
Dennis Loope was an interesting RPM at D.C. Cook. You never knew what he was thinking -  not always fun, but never boring. The place hasn't been the same since he packed up and headed east
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2004, 10:38 »
Dennis Loope was an interesting RPM at D.C. Cook. You never knew what he was thinking -  not always fun, but never boring. The place hasn't been the same since he packed up and headed east

Where did he go, and who is there now?  He was the RMP when I was there. (I bet this should be in the talk about DC COOK thread)
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2004, 10:39 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?