Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Aspiring Navy Nuke Grade Waiver honeypot

Author Topic: Aspiring Navy Nuke Grade Waiver  (Read 2185 times)

Offline tthackerbeach

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Aspiring Navy Nuke Grade Waiver
« on: Dec 09, 2016, 07:46 »
Hello everybody,

My name is Trevor. I very much want to be a Navy Nuke. I have a somewhat unusual situation and was looking for any advice/tips/information that you may provide.

I focused heavily on my television production career in high school. I won numerous film festival and compeition awards, awarded student of the year twice, student of the decade for career and technical education. However, this caused my math grades to slip throughout high school. I did very well on tests but did not complete my homework and got 1 D in geometry, 2 D's in Algebra 2 and 1 D in Chemistry. I am very good at math and science but didn't complete my homework due to my strenuous workload in television production. I took the ASVAB and scored a 88. I got a 260 on the Nuclear combined scores and auto-qualified.

I had to file a 4 grade waivers for my 4 D's in high school. I explained that television production was a huge time consumer and I did very well in those classes even earning the honor of being student of the decade at my high school.

I went to MEPS last Monday and passed all physicals and tests. The chief told me I had a 99% to get the waivers approved. My recruiter said we would be lucky to get the waivers approved. At this point I don't know what to think. I have never used drugs, been involved with the law (other than two low speed violations). I am married with a kid and have worked full time for 2 years to support my family. I signed a contract in the Advanced Electronics but I did so because Chief told me it was a 99% chance that I would get Nuke and they would reclassify me.

Do you guys think the waivers will get approved? If so, how long will they take?

I sincerely apprecaite all the feedback guys.

Thanks!

Trevor

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?