Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Suicide Waiver

Author Topic: Suicide Waiver  (Read 5737 times)

Offline EKNuke

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Suicide Waiver
« on: Dec 28, 2016, 02:57 »
A few months ago, (a year by the time i get to meps) i had a suicide attempt  i stopped before i got too far to really od, but i went to the hospital to be safe  the doc said i was very very unlikely to try again and ive had some major quality of life improvements so i feel im even less likely to try again. i want to be honest with the military and even if i did lie id worry about the clearance. how likely would it be for me to get a waiver?
edit: the hospitalization consisted of drinking medical charcoal to clear my stomach and waiting 18 hours for the psych to come release me
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2016, 05:01 by EKNuke »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Suicide Waiver
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2016, 10:27 »
someone around here will have a link to some NAVYPERSMAN sorta thing that will spell out your odds vis a vis waivers, exemptions, medical evaluations, flat out nowheyjoses, etc,....

if you are only joining the Navy to be a nuke, do not join if they say no,...

if you just want to join the Navy, do not be a Navy nuke, just join up,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline EKNuke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2016, 03:12 »
well, navy nuke isnt the only thing i'm looking at, but most of the things i'd be good at require top secret clearance, and this is the only forum i've found where everyone knows about getting it. But any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2016, 03:15 »
well, navy nuke isnt the only thing i'm looking at, but most of the things i'd be good at require top secret clearance, and this is the only forum i've found where everyone knows about getting it. But any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Probably Secret not Top Secret unless you go into something like cypto or radio.

Offline EKNuke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2016, 03:25 »
crypto, actually. really anything with numbers, I got my degree in math.

Offline EKNuke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2016, 03:37 »
oh, also, as to why meps is so far off, i have a different medical condition that /USED/ to be a pdq, but the ban is being lifted. I still cant actually apply until it is though, so I've got to wait. I talked to the recruiter and he said that he liked my chances for nuke or crypto.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2016, 12:38 »
Seeing as this is a reason to be discharged from the military, a waiver is probably unlikely.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?