Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu physical requirements for armed nuke security
honeypot

Author Topic: physical requirements for armed nuke security  (Read 3141 times)

Offline bullo

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
physical requirements for armed nuke security
« on: Dec 28, 2016, 06:26 »
I would like to know the exact physical test one must undergo to get in as a security officer.
Distance must run and time and specifically what you must do for the physical test

Offline snoball

• Very Lite User
Re: physical requirements for armed nuke security
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2020, 06:00 »
I know this is an old post/thread, but I just want to clarify this as best I can for potential future posters and current lurkers looking for an answer on this (I've heard this question get asked a number of times by aspiring NSO applicants and new hires alike).

The physical agility test is a yearly test for nuclear security officers and it varies from site-to-site. It mostly depends on what that specific site wants. There are some NRC guidelines that have to be followed, but that still gives the licensee a decent amount of leeway to customize the test to their specific needs and preferences.

You won't get a definite answer on the specifics of the agility test(s) until after you're hired and badged, as the exact details concerning this are generally safeguards information.

You also have to undergo a physical examination (usually done at a clinic offsite) every year. And you usually have to do a respirator fit test (and usually another, separate physical exam) yearly as well. Those aren't too bad unless you've got a physical condition or multiple conditions that prevent you from being able to do the job competently. The NRC's website has more info on this if anyone's interested.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?