Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu My Family Is Comprised of Criminals
honeypot

Author Topic: My Family Is Comprised of Criminals  (Read 5012 times)

Screenfacer

My Family Is Comprised of Criminals
« on: Jan 01, 2017, 05:03 »
I don't know my dad. My mother and brother are felons. Quite a few of my aunts/uncles are felons. My. On top of that my mother was convicted of stealing my identity leading to me owing 2500 to a Cable and Apartment company.

But, I've never been arrested or charged with a crime. I got a 98 on the ASVAB, and am on track to graduate HS with a 3.7 GPA this May. Is there any chance in me being granted a security clearance?

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: My Family Is Comprised of Criminals
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2017, 05:20 »
I've never heard of anyone being denied over family but I'm not saying it can't happen.  Don't ever obviously use them as references!  One of my friend's mom is a POS and he has no problem getting in.

Screenfacer

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2017, 05:30 »
I wouldn't list them as contacts or anything, but wouldn't not listing them on my SF86 be omission?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2017, 05:58 »
I wouldn't list them as contacts or anything, but wouldn't not listing them on my SF86 be omission?

Answer the SF86 exactly as instructed to answer the SF86.

If you do not use family members as character references, then you did not use family members as character references.

Just answer the dam thing and stop trying to outsmart it.

You cannot outsmart it or them.

.....Is there any chance in me being granted a security clearance?

Yes, don't game the system and it will not game you,.....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2017, 06:05 »
Just answer the dam thing and stop trying to outsmart it.

You cannot outsmart it or them.

Yes, don't game the system and it will not game you,.....

+K

Screenfacer

« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2017, 07:23 »
You're not really helping me at all here. I was trying to say that not listing them on my SF86 would be omission and therefore a bad idea, although obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to list them under people who know me well. However, the SF86 is not my problem and I don't plan on outsmarting anything. My problem is I'm unsure about how much being related will affect my chances of getting a security clearance.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2017, 07:26 by Screenfacer »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2017, 07:32 »
sorry I meant as a reference when you aren't required to use a specific person (family member).  obviously they know who your family is.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2017, 09:23 »
You're not really helping me at all here. I was trying to say that not listing them on my SF86 would be omission and therefore a bad idea, although obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to list them under people who know me well. However, the SF86 is not my problem and I don't plan on outsmarting anything. My problem is I'm unsure about how much being related will affect my chances of getting a security clearance.

No one can predict your chances.

With all the felonious activity in your related past of course you will be scrutinized, if those felonies occurred amongst persons living in the same household at the same time you lived there  then that requires scrutiny. If you were a minor at the time and you were not involved that will be determined. If you were involved and were led to believe your records were expunged or sealed and cannot be opened so you are the same as being "not charged" you were lied to, but your Navy recruiter will already know all of this and is a much better and more reliable source for your line of questions than any unknown respondent on the internet can ever be.

Ask your recruiter,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?