Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu 17-002: NRC Accepts Application for Early Site Permit At Clinch River Site In Tennessee

Author Topic: 17-002: NRC Accepts Application for Early Site Permit At Clinch River Site In Tennessee  (Read 2822 times)

Offline News Team

• Subject Matter Expert
  • Nuclear News Guru!
17-002: NRC Accepts Application for Early Site Permit At Clinch River Site In Tennessee

Source: 17-002: NRC Accepts Application for Early Site Permit At Clinch River Site In Tennessee

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
wow, good for them. With the power distribution, an educated community and nuclear labor in place; it makes sense.  Both the Paducah and Portsmouth sites are equally suited for nuclear power. Somehow I doubt any of them are built.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Maybe they build one or 2 to see if they are truly feasible.  But I still don't fully understand how less MW per unit is better. I know they supposedly take way less people to run and less maintenance...in theory.   I would be focusing on how to get much more power out of one unit with the same amount of people they need to run one today.  Then build 2+ units near a large power need.  Just my silly ideas that must make little sense seeing that there are very few sites with more than 2 reactors on them in the U.S.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
Large cores need large systems which take large time with large workforce which takes large bank
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
yeah I know, but trying to find ways around that instead of going small.  that was my point.  finding a way to get more MW with the same workforce.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
you guys make it sound like it's a great new commercial venture,...

....It comes a year after DOE’s first grant to North Carolina-based Babcock & Wilcox. That grant was reported at up to $225 million at the time, although DOE told me today that it has so far committed $101 million to the five-year B&W project through March 2014 and that it is currently reviewing the release of additional funds....

http://www.the-weinberg-foundation.org/2013/12/13/u-s-dept-of-energy-grants-226-million-to-small-reactor-startup-nuscale/

this has been in the wind for a long time and discussed in other threads,....

the government is giving away money,...

people are taking it,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
I'm not talking about the politics behind it, just about reactor design and economies of scale and how they relate to different size nuclear reactors.  and in smaller part more than one unit.  i've seen the discussion in other threads and it doesn't convince me.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
whether or not the U.S. decides to do it doesn't mean it is bad or good.  I'm looking for reality.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?