Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke to pilot honeypot

Author Topic: Nuke to pilot  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Stockmeyerdylan

• Lurker
  • If Chief can't find you he can't yell at you
Nuke to pilot
« on: Jan 15, 2017, 02:30 »
I'm 18 and fresh out of high school and scored a 93 on my ASVAB.I signed up in June of 2016 and I'm leaving in April of 2017. I wanted to become an F-35 pilot and thought that the nuke pipeline would be the easiest way to an officer position but I don't know what steps to take. If anyone could advise me on the course of action I need to pursue to accomplish my goals that'd be great.

Offline Hard_Celery

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Nuke to pilot
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2017, 04:25 »
You need a bachelors degree to be an officer. The easiest way would be to go to school and keep your GPA up.

Don't see why you think one rate would be the easiest way to another rate.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2017, 11:46 »
So, you "signed up" and you are leaving in a few months. What is the path you are leaving for?
Obviously, signing up as enlisted is not a direct or short path to officer. Aviation and Nuke paths are not even close to each other, except when nukes run the reactors on a carrier. If you want to be around planes - get an aviation rating. If you want to fly them - well, you should be looking at College / ROTC with aviation / engineering degrees.
If your recruiter told you this was a good plan - find another recruiter.
Good luck, thank you for your future service, and life is what happens when you are working on your plans. I was gonna be an architect, and signed up for GI bill...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:25 »
Everything they said is true, pilots need to have a degree and be officers, and starting off enlisted is the long route to both. That being said, I do know a couple nukes who were selected for STA-21 to become pilots.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?