Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu California Nuclear Closures Resulted in 250% increase in California Emissions honeypot

Author Topic: California Nuclear Closures Resulted in 250% increase in California Emissions  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Sub more power from Mexico.
Sempra. Intergen in Mexicali. Electrical Power Plants designated for export to the U.S. market.

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
Sorry my answers are not focused on nuclear here.  Maybe I'm naive to California power strategies.  It still blows my mind that the great industrial machine of California tethers their operating existence to Mexican power companies. I doubt 1% of this country realizes we are importing electricity. These locations lack any Homeland Security umbrella. I'm sure the utility experts would tell me if something happened to their part of the supply that the grid could flip over to other sources. I'm still skeptical. The hypocrisy of eliminating nuclear power and US utility jobs for mexican electrical power is wrong in every way.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
It's kinda like laundering money.  Laundering power.  Looks clean but who knows what is really going on.  CA just happy it isn't Natty Gas or Coal.  Makes their "carbon" balance sheet look better.  What a game.

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-meme/cc14cd01-0782-4b78-8d62-bcd16a5ee40e

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
Sorry my answers are not focused on nuclear here.  Maybe I'm naive to California power strategies.  It still blows my mind that the great industrial machine of California tethers their operating existence to Mexican power companies. I doubt 1% of this country realizes we are importing electricity. These locations lack any Homeland Security umbrella. I'm sure the utility experts would tell me if something happened to their part of the supply that the grid could flip over to other sources. I'm still skeptical. The hypocrisy of eliminating nuclear power and US utility jobs for mexican electrical power is wrong in every way.

California has been importing power and other undisclosed items from Mexico for years. They will continue to import power from all around them, in fact, the percentage keeps increasing. In 2010 it was estimated at 25%, I believe the latest news reports are saying 33%. The great and powerful Kalifornia setting the example that the other 49 should follow (and now with a large contingent of people that want to leave the Union) yet they aren't even self-sustaining when it comes to electrical needs. Quite the shining example for all us peons who spend our time producing extra power for their AC, and not running ourselves out of fresh drinking water. I'm waiting for the day I read the article about how much Kalifornia pays for imported potable water supplies...

http://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=4370

California's Growing Imported Electricity Problem
http://www.forbes.com/sites/judeclemente/2016/04/03/californias-growing-imported-electricity-problem/#41362dc7e96b

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,862.msg163582.html#msg163582

No argument from me on it. I was just guessing their plan. I'm sure they wont mind purchasing another 5% from out-of-state sources. They are already purchasing 29% of their usage.

How to measure a successful day: Did you produce more than you consumed?
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 11:04 by ksheed12 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?