Career Path > Security, FFD

Nuclear Security officers and beards

<< < (2/4) > >>

retired nuke:
Supreme court says it's OK ;-)
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage.html?_r=0

Marlin:

--- Quote from: wannabeard on Jan 18, 2017, 02:31 ---How about hair longer than 12 inches on a male security officer!

--- End quote ---

The sealing area is the only area that must be clear of facial hair or other obstruction to an adequate seal which will be demonstrated by a challenge media typically a fit test booth that is quantitative or in come cases with a media that the wearer determines whether or not they can detect it in the mask (like a smoke test) a qualitative test. There is a requirement that hair may not obstruct operation of the mask valves but typically there is no restriction on hair length, I think women would object to cutting their hair short. ;)  Most security forces do have a dress code that covers length of hair or appearance and that may be gender specific.

wannabeard:
My hair is about 14 inches long and I sport a nice pony tail been on the job for close to 20 years. My goal is to find independent verification on the beard respirator subject. I have been told 3 sites allow this.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: wannabeard on Jan 18, 2017, 03:01 ---My hair is about 14 inches long and I sport a nice pony tail been on the job for close to 20 years. My goal is to find independent verification on the beard respirator subject. I have been told 3 sites allow this.

--- End quote ---

Which sites? Maybe someone from that site could give you better insight.

wannabeard:
In order to verify the truth I'm not going to say which sites! Believe it or not people lie! I'm not looking for speculation, I would like to know what has been seen firsthand and where.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version