Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Consumer Reports  

Author Topic: Consumer Reports  (Read 2535 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Consumer Reports
« on: Jan 18, 2017, 05:05 »
Consumer Reports goes pro renewable/anti nuclear power generation.
January 2017, pg 8
GET EDUCATED ON ENERGY
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Consumer Reports
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2017, 05:21 »
Consumer Reports goes pro renewable/anti nuclear power generation.
January 2017, pg 8
GET EDUCATED ON ENERGY

I think they are focused on the $19 billion dollar price tag if I read the article right.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2017, 07:35 »
I think they are focused on the $19 billion dollar price tag if I read the article right.
saying their focused is bean vary pea cee aze they're is know costs quoted on udder discussed generation.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2017, 10:01 »
saying their focused is bean vary pea cee aze they're is know costs quoted on udder discussed generation.

Maybe but $19 billion?  Is that a current reasonable price for a power plant? This is for the third reactor on an existing site so why so high? I agree that there is a whiff of PC as they included natural gas plants and pushed "Eco Friendly" but is it out of place in this case?

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2017, 02:28 »
Maybe but $19 billion?  Is that a current reasonable price for a power plant? This is for the third reactor on an existing site so why so high? I agree that there is a whiff of PC as they included natural gas plants and pushed "Eco Friendly" but is it out of place in this case?
I agree that 19 BILLION is extreme. Scana Corporation is figuring new units to cost 1.2 Billion, a mere fraction of the published price in CR.
Would CR be guilty of having an inexperienced proofreader for this item? I think that would jeopardize their credibility as a reference source for pricing, so, no.
That is why I originally posted they had gone anti nuclear.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2017, 02:45 »
I agree that 19 BILLION is extreme. Scana Corporation is figuring new units to cost 1.2 Billion, a mere fraction of the published price in CR.
Would CR be guilty of having an inexperienced proofreader for this item? I think that would jeopardize their credibility as a reference source for pricing, so, no.
That is why I originally posted they had gone anti nuclear.

CEO Marta L. Tellado is probably left leaning ;) and her first boss was definitely an anti-nuke.

Marta came to CR following 25 years of experience that included executive roles in public service, philanthropy, and nonprofit management, reflecting her strong commitment to making a difference in the lives of people most in need. At the Ford Foundation, she was Vice President for Global Communications and an officer of the board. While there, she led strategic communications and advocacy on a range of issues in the United States and around the world, including economic fairness, free and fair access to an open Internet, and civil rights. She began her career in the consumer movement working alongside Ralph Nader. Her government service was with former US Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey—the state where she was raised following her family’s journey from her birthplace of Havana, Cuba.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/about-us/leadership/leadership-profiles/index.htm?pn=0
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 02:46 by Marlin »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?