Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The Hawk’s Nest Tunnel Tragedy

Author Topic: The Hawk’s Nest Tunnel Tragedy  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
The Hawk’s Nest Tunnel Tragedy
« on: Jan 19, 2017, 11:47 »
   This is not nuclear related and is not very applicable to those in operating facilities but for those of us who have worked in demolition, remediation, or construction it may be of interest. If you have complained about fugitive emission controls in the past maybe you may be less inclined to do so after reading this. I have some slight scarring in my lungs from silica, I would not have known about it if I wasn't having x-rays every 5 years or so because of asbestos exposure in the early 70's (No asbestosis found).

The Hawk’s Nest Tunnel Tragedy: The Forgotten Victims of America’s Worst Industrial Disaster [Photo Gallery]

http://m.ehstoday.com/industrial-hygiene/hawk-s-nest-tunnel-tragedy-forgotten-victims-america-s-worst-industrial-disaster-#slide-0-field_images-32411

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: The Hawk’s Nest Tunnel Tragedy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2017, 07:26 »
Jeez didn't know silicosis even existed let alone killed so many people. On the same topic, just read about this yesterday...easy to overlook stuff huh?  Everybody says this would never happen to me but that's probably the type of attitude that breeds self confidence allowing these things to be missed.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article126799319.html

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?