Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC Timing honeypot

Author Topic: NUPOC Timing  (Read 3187 times)

Offline watkinstam

• Very Lite User
NUPOC Timing
« on: Feb 06, 2017, 12:19 »
I am in my final semester of my undergrad and I've been in the NUPOC program for a year and a half. I'll be in the instructor position in SC. I'll graduate the first week of May.

I was wondering if people in this position could give me any insight into the timing. My recruiter only talks in vague time frames.

When can I expect to head to ODS?
How much advance notice do I have before I have to report?
How much time do you typically have between ODS and starting at NNPTC?

Thanks!

Offline BrianScott87

• Moderate User
Re: NUPOC Timing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2017, 01:38 »
Watkinstam --- do you still have the business card or contact information you received at the interview?  You should reach out to the NUPOC office at Naval Recruiting command --- I don't have the data handy at the moment (away on travel for several weeks for work) but I'm certain that you've got at least a tentative date in place. 

In general, we try to ensure that everyone gets at least a few weeks to get their affairs in order prior to going to ODS/OCS --- but it can be quite a bit longer depending on how the class dates line up. 

If you graduate in May, I would expect you to go to ODS in June or July --- but again you should reach out and get the real answer.  This is outside my swim lane, as I mostly deal with the pre-interview/accession side of the program. 

-----

No data on the gap between ODS and NNPTC --- I would expect at least a couple of weeks.  You could probably take a bit more, but you would be using leave (which you should have a boat-load of --- so not big deal there I suppose).  That's also out of my swim-lane (it's deep and narrow, apparently!)
"That's what it is to be a human -- to always do the best you can, no matter the circumstances."
-Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

https://nupocaccessions.blogspot.com

Offline BrianScott87

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2017, 01:40 »
If you don't, reach out to me on the portal at the bottom of the NUPOC office's website:  https://nupocaccessions.blogspot.com  ;  That goes to my personal e-mail and I can forward to the relevant guys at NRC. 
"That's what it is to be a human -- to always do the best you can, no matter the circumstances."
-Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

https://nupocaccessions.blogspot.com

Offline watkinstam

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2017, 10:08 »
I'll reach out to them and see where I can get. Thanks!
By the way, I've been to your website before, it is very informative and helpful!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?