Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Lee Shonkwiler

Author Topic: Lee Shonkwiler  (Read 6559 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Lee Shonkwiler
« on: Feb 18, 2017, 11:32 »
My son, Lee Shonkwiler, passed away Wednesday AM. He worked one job in a radiation protection capacity and that was a D&D at the Flannery Building in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh, PA. Lee was 34 years old without spouse or children, but leaves a grieving family for a better place.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Lee Shonkwiler
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2017, 12:47 »
We are sorry for your loss Mr. Shonkwiler.

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2017, 04:04 »
Pete, I am so sorry to hear this. May your grief be overwhelmed by the joy of your memories.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline gerald.rood

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2017, 01:41 »
Hello Pete,  So sorry to hear about this - Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss. Gerry

Offline Bubba Smith

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2017, 06:14 »
Pete, sorry to hear about your loss.

Offline moyles

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2017, 02:26 »
Pete  so very sorry to learn of your loss; I can;t imagine the grief you must feel. I will keep him & you in my prayers!

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2017, 07:54 »
Pete, no parent should have to bury their child.  There are many other things I would rather have in common with you than this my friend.  Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.  If you need an ear I'm right here friend.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2017, 04:56 »
Thank you, my friends, for the kind words and support. This has been a rough one for me and you all have helped tremendously.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2017, 05:24 »
when aye herd of lee's passin eye was shocked two say the least. he was to young four this too happen. a fine young man who cared fore his mother, who wood help any won he could, and who accepted ware he was and worked hard two make thing batter. r.i.p.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2017, 05:56 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2017, 07:31 »
Lee has joined a celestial crew from that job in Oakland. Verne Taylor, Jerry Silvio, Ric Shank, and now Les have all crossed the SOP at the Pearly Gate. A crew which I was glad to have the pleasure of knowing and working. RIP, Lee, RIP.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?