Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Issue I need to resolve regarding nuke security clearance

Author Topic: Issue I need to resolve regarding nuke security clearance  (Read 4447 times)

FSTOMFS

Hi,
I just entered DEP about 2 months ago and I have something haunting me regarding something that I forgot to mention while being processed through MEPS. I was once prescribed Lexapro(a mild anti-depressant) when I was 18 by a doctor(not a psychiatrist). I was only there for a check-up and I ended walking out with some pills. It was all prompted by my mother really. Anyway, I took them for a week, but because I'm not very good at routinely taking medicine, I stopped and never took them again. I never even got a refill on the bottle. I honestly forgot all about this until recently. Will this potentially come back to ruin my life? Is there something I can do to fix this? What are the consequences of going back now and fixing this problem and the potential consequences of this being unearthed during my clearance? Is this even likely to happen? What's the best course of action for me to take? I really want to join the Fleet and I don't want something like this to ruin my chance at doing so. Any advice would console me greatly.

Much obliged!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Issue I need to resolve regarding nuke security clearance
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2017, 08:55 »
tell all this to your recruiter, that is the person charged with doing what is best for you and the USN,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

FSTOMFS

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2017, 11:39 »
Will this most likely result in a discharge from DEP? What are the consequences of dropping out of DEP
?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2017, 01:44 »
Will this most likely result in a discharge from DEP? What are the consequences of dropping out of DEP
?

it will result in you not lying to the government whatever the outcome,....

no one out here can fix your difficulty,...

your recruiter can,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2017, 10:25 »
There are HIPPA laws protecting your privacy in medical matters. I don't know what the MEPS questionnaire specifically asked, but you did not take any drugs illegally. If the questions were generic in nature, you are probably Okay since it was a short term occurrence and not a life changing event. If they specifically asked if you have ever been treated for depression or taken Lexapro, and you answered "no", you may have a problem. As GLW stated, call your recruiter and mention that you have thought of something that you didn't include in your MEPS. If it is important, he'll know how to handle it. It appears to be just a case of forgetting something that was not of significance in your life, which is understandable. It was not a crime, an intent to defraud, or anyting else nefarious. Good Luck.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?