Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Welding as a career honeypot

Author Topic: Welding as a career  (Read 2652 times)

JoseKen

Welding as a career
« on: Feb 27, 2017, 03:58 »
Hello all,
I have a degree in Mechanical. I am interested in undergoing a welding training course, but I am not sure on which course to take up. I recently found a welding training school offering various welding certification courses online. I would like to get suggestions from you all on which course is the best. Is welding a good career?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Welding as a career
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2017, 11:49 »
Find a strong pipefitter/steamfitter union in your area. Do some research and see what it takes to get organized in. Work hard and move through the apprenticeship program. There you will actually learn how to fit as well as weld, kinda important.

Is welding a good career?

Well if you don't mind working hard, getting dirty and going anywhere the work is, it pays pretty darn well IF you are good at it. There is definitely a shortage of welders in this country. Not enough good ones to go around with all the different construction jobs going on, and it's across the trades; fitters, ironworkers, boilermakers.

From one of my favorite celebrities: http://mikerowe.com/2015/11/rubioweldersphilosophers/

There’s nothing magical about learning a skill or earning a degree. What matters most is the same stuff that’s always mattered. A willingness to work hard, to master a skill that’s in demand, and to go where the demand is. Work is not about the color of collars, or the relative size of the paycheck. It’s about pursuing opportunities where they exist, and creating them where they don’t.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?