Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC Questions

Author Topic: NUPOC Questions  (Read 2419 times)

Offline nikkyb

• Lurker
NUPOC Questions
« on: Mar 01, 2017, 01:41 »
I've wanted to serve as a nuke since I was 9 years old. However, I have a somewhat unique set of circumstances. I skipped junior year of highschool and will be graduating at 17 with an Associate's degree (4.0 GPA so far). I will have my Master's before I can purchase alcohol. Is there any way I can get into the NUPOC program, or do I absolutely need to be 19 prior to applying? There is some urgency in this as there is no way I can pay for college post highschool graduation.
I apologize if this question is misplaced. Recruiters won't talk to me because my signature holds no weight.

Druid

Re: NUPOC Questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:24 »
I'm assuming that you are dual enrolled at a local college. Might want to try PMing BrianScott87 directly. This question looks right up his alley.

D

Offline BrianScott87

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2017, 01:18 »
nikkyb,

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure on this one.  Some requirements can be waived in certain circumstances and others cannot --- so I guess it depends on which bucket the age thing falls into.  NR would almost certainly want to see at least a semester or two at the bachelor's level so best case (again, this is me speaking off the cuff so I could be off here -- if so I apologize in advance) you could come in at 18 vice the normal 19.  I will be happy to look into it if you send me some more detailed information. 

Best,
Brian
"That's what it is to be a human -- to always do the best you can, no matter the circumstances."
-Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

https://nupocaccessions.blogspot.com

Offline BrianScott87

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2017, 01:20 »
(Click the link at the bottom of my signature line, scroll all the way to the bottom, and there is a portal to send "us" a message if you have questions.  I built the site, so "us" is actually "me".  Send whatever data you have to me from there)
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2017, 01:20 by BrianScott87 »
"That's what it is to be a human -- to always do the best you can, no matter the circumstances."
-Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

https://nupocaccessions.blogspot.com

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?