Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fresh out of School

Author Topic: Fresh out of School  (Read 3377 times)

ndsimmons

Fresh out of School
« on: Mar 04, 2017, 06:24 »
Hey guys my name is Nathan Simmons and I finish my Associates in Nuclear Technology this May.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on what I should do or how to approach looking for work?  I was able to intern for Duke Energy at McGuire Nuclear Station last summer in operations.  I am 19 years old so other than that I don't have a lot or relevant experience.  Also I am from North Carolina. Thanks!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Fresh out of School
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2017, 07:50 »
eye wood contact v.c. summer . their building knew units and will knead total work populations.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

ndsimmons

« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:01 »
eye wood contact v.c. summer . their building knew units and will knead total work populations.
Okay Thank you! I will definitely look into that!

Offline JMM

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2017, 01:40 »
I would follow up on the internship and see if you can get back in ops, or another full time job at the plant, since your name should still be fresh.  It wouldn't get any better than that with the degree you are getting.  Many jobs at plants list a HS diploma or Associates as a basic qualification, but they are hiring mostly full fledged 4 year, reputable school, mechanical and electrical engineers unless you know somebody.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?