Reference, Questions and Help > Picture Help

How do I upload a Picture?

(1/9) > >>

Rennhack:
Step one:

(Make sure you are logged into the forum)

Click on the Upload Button, it looks like this:

Step two:

Click on the browse button to locate the files on your computer. 

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Choose the correct “Album” from the Album drop down list.  DO NOT accept the default (probably ANO).

Enter a short title, and a description.
Keywords are optional.
Enter date it was taken, and who should be credited.

Click on the continue button.

Step Three:

Take more pictures, and brag about how you got published on NukeWorker.

712s:
Yes I tried to upload a photo to no avail.States >1k.exceeded use.Something like that.These 2 files I was try to upload.Their like 30 to 70 thousand KB ? Whats wrong? Are you sure the photo has to come from my hard drive or my allotted space on the internet? Thanks

Rennhack:
As a registered user, you are allowed to upload 1,000 Kb (1 Mb), Gold Members can upload 10,000 Kb (10Mb).

Your files are larger than 1 MB.  There is no reason your image should be bigger than a hundred Kb.  You need to edit your pictures, and save them with a little compression (I suggest about 20%), and a smaller file size (no bigger than 1200 x1200 pixels), and no more than 100 dpi.  We don't need or want 8 Mega Pixel images, it just wastes our hard drive space.  Your images are 30,000 Kb, when it should be more like 80 Kb.

Edit the pictures, compress the pictures, make the pictures smaller.

---
I just trippled everyone's upload limit

UncaBuffalo:
I'm drawing a blank...can't remember how to create a new album...  :(

I've done it before, so can't be too hard...can someone please remind me?

Thanks!  :)

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: UncaBuffalo on Aug 16, 2011, 09:28 ---I'm drawing a blank...can't remember how to create a new album...  :(
I've done it before, so can't be too hard...can someone please remind me?

--- End quote ---

With the list update we did to the software, the menu changed slightly.  It's never been what I'd call intuitive.

If I remember correctly, you have to go into 'administrator mode', then create the album.    Below is a image to help.  Let me know if it works for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version