Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What can I bring to Navy Nuke School? honeypot

Author Topic: What can I bring to Navy Nuke School?  (Read 4871 times)

Offline Ishfwilf

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
What can I bring to Navy Nuke School?
« on: Mar 17, 2017, 10:35 »
I am going to be going to "A" school upon graduation of basic training in July. I have heard conflicting reports on what we are allowed to bring with us to "A" school. I have heard some people say they brought their computer and Xbox and Playstation and I have heard some people say that these others are lying. Can someone who has recently been through the pipeline help me? thank you

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
Re: What can I bring to Navy Nuke School?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2017, 06:12 »
I'm sorry, I can't help you. When I went to "A" school, there were no computers, no cell phones, no Xboxes, not even pong. All they wanted was a brain and a body. I brought my duffle bag, some civvies and my car. I don't even remember if the rooms in the barracks had locking doors. I hear that things have changed  since then.

Offline Frank Cable

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2017, 04:42 »
You should focus on getting past basic training first. Focus and worry on what's directly ahead of you.

Offline JMM

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2017, 01:14 »
When you get your orders, you will be informed of what you can and can't bring, if there are any restrictions.  Don't worry about it until then.  Someone may change the rules between now and then, so whatever you are told now may change between now and then.

When I was in the military, the only restrictions I recall at training commands was vehicles because some places had limited parking.  Every single barracks I ever lived in had lockable wall lockers or studies, or both.  With nuclear training being pretty intensive, you might get the word to not bother bringing your toys because you are not going to have time anyway, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are barred.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2017, 10:53 »
When I went through "A" school, I had plenty of free time. Enough time to get in trouble. Beer, bowling, barhopping. Fortunately, it was a kinder and gentler nation then. The cops would just tell you to go back to the base. Maybe if I had an Xbox then, I would have more brain cells now. Stay focused, but have fun. The more you learn, the more opportunities you'll find. Go out and try new things, see new places. You will be qualified for plenty of high paying jobs in the future. Thank you for your service.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?