Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Retention Bonuses

Author Topic: Retention Bonuses  (Read 6386 times)

Wheezy_G

Retention Bonuses
« on: Mar 25, 2017, 09:34 »
With all of the announced plant closings I was wondering if anyone had been offered any type of retention bonuses. If you have been offered a bonus and are willing to post any information it would be appreciated. If you do not want the information to be public feel free to send a private message. There are rumors at my current plant that bonuses may be coming and we are trying to get a feel if they are on par with the rest of the industry or not.
Thanks, Wheezy

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Retention Bonuses
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2017, 03:04 »
The different Entergy Plants are doing different retention bonus's. (All rumors)  IP & Pilgrim are supposedly giving around 150% of their annual salary as a retention bonus for salaried people.

At Palisades, the retention bonus for tier 1 people (Managers and SRO's) is 100% of their annual salary, and Tier 2 salaried people (individual contributors) is 75% of their annual salary.  For Palisades, 25% of your bonus is paid after the outage, and 75% after shutdown.

I haven't heard what the union has negotiated yet.  Rumor for Security is 20k.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2017, 04:10 »
The different Entergy Plants are doing different retention bonus's. (All rumors)  IP & Pilgrim are supposedly giving around 150% of their annual salary as a retention bonus for salaried people.

At Palisades, the retention bonus for tier 1 people (Managers and SRO's) is 100% of their annual salary, and Tier 2 salaried people (individual contributors) is 75% of their annual salary.  For Palisades, 25% of your bonus is paid after the outage, and 75% after shutdown.

I haven't heard what the union has negotiated yet.  Rumor for Security is 20k.

if those bonuses include guarantees of placement elsewhere in Entergy after all is said and done that seems to be pretty good,..

if not, then considering it is a shrinking pool of potential places to work versus an expanding pool of places to work,...

one might want to get work elsewhere and forego any bonus if one wants to stay in commercial power generation,...

i'm just saying,... :-\

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Buck71

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2017, 06:02 »
Wheezy-
Interesting question. I hope we will get bonuses soon too.  If this place ever closes I'll have to sell all my collectibles.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:57 »
Diablo Canyon - 25% bonus if you stay for four years.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2017, 03:18 »
Diablo Canyon - 25% bonus if you stay for four years.

After re-reading the other posts in this thread, I realized the other posters had given a "total", not an "annual", so...

25% x 4 years = 100%
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline anthonyalsup

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2017, 10:15 »
After re-reading the other posts in this thread, I realized the other posters had given a "total", not an "annual", so...

25% x 4 years = 100%
Is that for SRO's?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?