NukeWorker Menu NSO honeypot

Author Topic: NSO  (Read 3729 times)

Offline PA92

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
NSO
« on: Apr 06, 2017, 06:01 »
Hello All,

I am seeking some information from users on this forum, in regards to a position as a nuclear security officer. I just applied for a position with Exelon in Pennsylvania. This is my first application for this type of position. I am a few credits short of a Bachelor's degree, I've been working since I was 15 years old. I've done all sorts of jobs including security-related positions, and I have absolutely no criminal record whatsoever. I have perfect credit, good references, and I have never been fired from a job. I had a speeding ticket 4 years ago.

Now, I also have no military experience, which I hear is big in these types of positions. I am in my mid 20's.

What do you guys think my chances of getting called for an interview are?

rms0012

Re: NSO
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2017, 08:10 »
I further have questions like PA92’s, I recently applied to the Braceville plant. I was hoping to get some more information on the process and what expect during the process. I have around 4 years of law enforcement, a bachelor’s, and an working on a master I applied around a month ago and not a peep thus far.

If anybody could help PA92 our we’d appreciate it. PA92, have you heard anything since April? Maybe you could shed some light as well.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2017, 08:11 by rms0012 »

Offline Red Gold

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2017, 08:05 »
There are a lot of former LEOs and military vets applying for these jobs, so competition is tough. On the other side of the coin, Exelon plants can take a notoriously long time to get back to folks who have applied. In your particular case, I'd sit tight for now. When did or does the job posting expire?

rms0012

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2017, 07:26 »
Thanks for the heads up Red Gold! It expired around a month ago, and was open for about 2-3 weeks if I recall. If I understand what you're saying, I'm only in the beginning of what could be a very long process. Any more info on the process would be much appreciated via PM or otherwise.

Thanks again

Offline Crumdog

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2020, 10:53 »
LEO and Military are the usual candidates.  I have seen some people come in with no related experience.  It helps to know someone in the industry who could deliver your resume or even put a good word in for you. Nuclear Protective Services is a different world from Military and LE. You could try applying for other jobs that would grant you access. Previous nuclear experience could benefit you.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?