Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NASA Likely to Break Radiation Rules to Go to Mars honeypot

Author Topic: NASA Likely to Break Radiation Rules to Go to Mars  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

NASA Likely to Break Radiation Rules to Go to Mars

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/space/nasa-mars-radiation-rule/

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
Re: NASA Likely to Break Radiation Rules to Go to Mars
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2017, 09:45 »
So, NASA can figure out how to put humans on Mars.....but they can't figure out that 50 REM of exposure over a year will have very little....if any effects at all on the health of the Astronauts. Dumb smart people.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Chimera

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2017, 07:39 »
Planned Special Exposure?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2017, 10:34 »
Planned Special Exposure?

ya wood think, huh? probly the smallest aspect two bee planned fore this project. unless, of coarse, radiation effects sells differently inn space.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2017, 10:39 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Red Gold

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2017, 10:36 »
So, NASA can figure out how to put humans on Mars.....but they can't figure out that 50 REM of exposure over a year will have very little....if any effects at all on the health of the Astronauts. Dumb smart people.
I think they know that. But the issue is really PR-related more than anything else. NASA has to be seen to be Doing Something.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2017, 10:54 »
I think they know that. But the issue is really PR-related more than anything else. NASA has to be seen to be Doing Something.
butt there studying global warming!
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2010-02-01-nasa-moon-obama_n.htm
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2017, 01:52 »

Did we read the same article?

It's too bad they don't have you on the team to figure this all out for them/us/Planet B.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2017, 03:00 »
Did we read the same article?

It's too bad they don't have you on the team to figure this all out for them/us/Planet B.

"NASA’s biggest obstacle to sending humans to Mars may not be related to line items in budgets, but to the safety of the astronauts themselves"

"Space radiation presents the tallest hurdle to NASA’s future travel plans that extend beyond low-Earth orbit and for periods longer than a year. On the International Space Station, astronauts are bombarded with 10 times as much radiation as they experience on Earth in a given period; on Mars, they will encounter 100 times the terrestrial dose"

~500 mrem annual exposure from background that is experienced here on Earth........100 times 500 mrem is, I believe unless my calculator is off, 50 Rem of exposure annually. The Astronauts receiving 50 Rem over a year could literally be the least dangerous aspect of traveling to Mars.

Am I hired?
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?