Career Path > Training, Tests & Education

OK, need to know about how to go to grad school...

(1/2) > >>

bigjer25:
I am an enlisted EM1(SS) currently in the last of the ECP days(Enlisted Commissioning Program.)  I am scheduled to get commsiossioned in MAY, but am looking for a way to go to grad school before I go back to Charleston for NNPS.  The LT's here are pretty helpful, but they have no clue about what kinds of programs are offered, let alone how to apply.  I know that my situation is very unique, but if anyone could lend some advice it would be very appreciated.  Thanks.

TheEngineer:
You can go to grad school on the navy, but you'll of course owe more time. I think they call it NPS (naval post-grad school), but I'm not sure.

Rad Sponge:

Get your butt to sea.

But, if you choose to punk out and try to do a liitle grad time before actually fulfilling the needs of the Navy, i suggest you polish some brass.

TheEngineer:

--- Quote from: John Kieser on Sep 30, 2005, 11:12 ---Get your butt to sea.

But, if you choose to punk out and try to do a liitle grad time before actually fulfilling the needs of the Navy, i suggest you polish some brass.

--- End quote ---

Holy cow, never mind the EM1(SS) in front of the guy's name...

Are there any decent human beings on this forum?

RDTroja:

--- Quote from: TheEngineer on Oct 01, 2005, 03:50 ---Holy cow, never mind the EM1(SS) in front of the guy's name...

Are there any decent human beings on this forum?

--- End quote ---

I have found myself asking the same question on occasion... but I can assure you there are and just by asking that question I suspect you are one. However, there are plenty of people that believe they have more experience, more valuable input, and more intelligence than anyone else can offer. Usulally they lack all three. As far as compassion, most of them are totally void in that area, too. That is one of the problems with a public forum... it is open to the rude and ignorant, as well.

--- Quote from: John Kieser on Sep 30, 2005, 11:12 ---Get your butt to sea.

--- End quote ---

I am sure that if the Navy needs are for the original poster to go to sea, that is where he will go. On the other hand, if the Navy has instituted all of the educational programs that they offer (and I am by no means an authority, but there seem to be quite a few) then the Navy apparently considers those programs to fulfill their needs as well. If someone wants to learn and the Navy is willing to provide the venue, then that person should get all the training and education they can handle. The Sea will still be there and if the Navy decides to send uneducated people or educated people it is their choice. Unfortunately they apparently can't do anything about the ignorant ones, either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version