NukeWorker Menu Navy Nuke Academic Wavier honeypot

Poll

Academic waiver

Parent Status
0 (0%)
Citizenship
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Navy Nuke Academic Wavier  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Mobius420

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Navy Nuke Academic Wavier
« on: May 10, 2017, 01:23 »
So I got an 87 on the ASVAB and 59 on NAPT. I got a "d" in algebra 2 and precalculus but I retook the classes and got a "C" in both. My parents are from Hong Kong but are Naturalized U.S citizens. I wrote 2 waivers explaining why I got those two "D"s because of my parents getting a divorce during that time. So in conclusion with my two D's and my parents being from Hong Kong, what are the odds of me getting into the Nuke Program?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Navy Nuke Academic Wavier
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 01:33 »
So I got an 87 on the ASVAB and 59 on NAPT. I got a "d" in algebra 2 and precalculus but I retook the classes and got a "C" in both. My parents are from Hong Kong but are Naturalized U.S citizens. I wrote 2 waivers explaining why I got those two "D"s because of my parents getting a divorce during that time. So in conclusion with my two D's and my parents being from Hong Kong, what are the odds of me getting into the Nuke Program?

"Needs of the Navy" is a term you will hear frequently, exemptions if required change with that in mind. The Navy will do what is best in their interest. Talk to a recruiter they want to fill quotas, so if there is a way they will find it. I am assuming you were born in the US? Even if not talk to a recruiter.

Offline Mobius420

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:06 »
Yes, I was born in the US. I talked to the recruiter but she told me that I need to go to MEPS and sign a random job in order for me to begin the Security Clearance process. She was the one who gave me the academic waivers and I'm not sure if she's being completely honest if I need to sign a job so they can start the background. If I do sign a job in hopes of doing nuke, I will be in DEPS.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 02:12 »
If that means enlist prior to getting that waiver I would be cautious, skeptical, and seek a second opinion which I assume is why you are here. Hopefully someone with current knowledge will reply.

Offline Mobius420

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 02:17 »
I have already written the waiver on why I got those two d's but do you think those two d's will affect my chances of getting in the Nuke Program regardless of my NAPT and ASVAB score

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 03:02 »
I refer back the "Needs of the Navy" and how many candidates they have in the queue. Still waiting for someone with current knowledge to type up.

HeavyD

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 08:05 »
What Marlin is saying is that none of us can actually give you a 100% accurate answer.

Multiple factors will go into whether those waivers will impact your ability to get into the program, chief of which is the "needs of the Navy", i.e. how many Nukes do they need, how many applying don't need waivers (waiver means more work involved in the process and more time before shipping to boot camp), etc.

We can toss out some educated guesses, but that's all they'll be, guesses.

Best of luck and talk to another recruiter about that signing up for another rate thing.  Maybe she's trying to jump-start the security clearance process, but quoting the time-tested statement, "trust but verify".

Best of luck to you!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?