Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Xanax prescription and psych evaluation/drug test honeypot

Author Topic: Xanax prescription and psych evaluation/drug test  (Read 4696 times)

Offline NukeIntern

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
I have a conditional offer for an internship this summer at a nuke plant but i must first pass a drug test and psych evaluation. Does anyone have experience with being prescribed a controlled substance and going through this process? Is this going to keep me from gaining unrestricted access?

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
Re: Xanax prescription and psych evaluation/drug test
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 08:40 »
If you have valid prescription and report it, it won't fail your drug test. The reason for the medication being prescribed could affect your psych eval.

Offline bigjoemonger

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2017, 02:07 »
I'm on zoloft but it's with my thyroid meds for hypothyroidism. Im taking the test next week but I'm assuming it wont be a problem. Unless it's a severe depression issue for you. If they refused to hire every person on some kind of mild anti-depressant they wouldnt have very many options for people to hire.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2017, 01:28 »
I know at least one person on Xanax and he has worked at plenty of nuclear plants.

Offline Red Gold

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2017, 02:57 »
Yep. IANAD, but in general Xanax correctly prescribed and that is appropriately regulating your symptoms should be no issue, though you absolutely must report it (and if you go on shift, must tell your shift leadership about it too).

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2017, 11:47 »
Just be open and honest when you do the psych evail and such and all should be well.  Establishing your trustworthiness and reliability through full disclosure  are the key to gaining access.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?