Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC Hopeful

Author Topic: NUPOC Hopeful  (Read 3067 times)

Offline aparker14

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
NUPOC Hopeful
« on: May 16, 2017, 10:01 »
Hello all,

I am currently in DEP as NUC. I was approached by an officer recruiter earlier this week wanting to talk to me about the NUPOC program. I just finished my first year at Michigan State (46 total credits) studying Computer Science/Software Engineering with a 3.2 GPA overall. I had a 30 ACT/1400 New SAT/1990 Old SAT. I have taken Calc I/II with an A and B, respectively, and enrolled in Physics I this summer, which I expect to ace. The recruiter claims to have gotten me a waiver for Physics II, but recommends that I study the content and use internet resources to learn some of the material from the course. She also has scheduled for me to go on the San Diego trip in July. I've looked over some study guides and, except for the physics, everything seems to be pretty straightforward. The recruiter seems to be pushing me pretty hard in this direction, but I don't know if I would be competitive considering my age (19) and only being in college for ~a year. Also, I'm not sure how my numbers stack up against the rest of the pool.

I planned to go for Submarine Officer as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: NUPOC Hopeful
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10 »
Why did you post the same message 4 times?

Offline aparker14

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 10:14 »
Why did you post the same message 4 times?

Didn't mean to. Must've been a glitch when I tried to post. I'll delete the duplicates. Thanks.

HeavyD

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:28 »
First difficult question:

Why do you want to be a Naval officer?

The difficulty and direction of the path before you will be dramatically affected by your answer.

This also won't be the last time someone asks you.

Best of luck and thank you for volunteering to serve!

Offline Matt

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 01:28 »
Read this website: https://nupocaccessions.blogspot.com/ & if you are still interested go on the free trip to San Diego.  That trip will help you to understand what you are getting into.  It's a very difficult and rewarding career that will continue helping you for the rest of your life.

Disclaimer: I am an active duty Submarine Officer and previously spent 3 years as a Program Manager for the NUPOC program.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?