Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ronald Shippee honeypot

Author Topic: Ronald Shippee  (Read 4647 times)

Offline Wojo

• Gold Member
Ronald Shippee
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:58 »
All, I regret to inform everybody that we lost Ron Shippee over the weekend.  He was working here at the Zion Decommissioning as a FSS Engineer for Babcock Services.  There is really not a lot of information to share at this time.  His wife, worried that he had not been returning calls, contacted the police, who found him deceased in his bed.  He will be missed.
Lost my boots in transit, pile of smokin leather, nailed the retreads to my feet and prayed for better weather - J Garcia

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
Re: Ronald Shippee
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:39 »
I send my condolences to the Shippee family. Ron was a good man and will be missed.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 05:21 »
Very sad news. I meet Ron at Yankee Rowe. This is heartbreaking.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:06 »
Very sad news. I meet Ron at Yankee Rowe. This is heartbreaking.

I Worked and Golfed with Ron at Rowe as well.  I had hoped that I would get another chance to work with him.

When I was 20-something and a 50-something died, I thought; "Wow, those old guys are passing away" (more than twice my age).  Now that I am approaching that age.... I see a lot of my peers passing. Really makes you think.

I'm living every day like it's my last.

Offline L SQRD

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 10:51 »
I worked with Ron at Zion a few years ago. He was the site coordinator for Bartlett. A great guy with a great sense of humor. Always fair and had a kind word for everyone. It was very sad to hear of his passing. Sending heartfelt prayers out to the family. Linda Linkous

nukewood

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 09:49 »
Worked with Ron in 1980 at Yankee Rowe . Fond memories of a real professional with a positive attitude and ready smile. He will be missed. the industry could sure use more men with his character.

cgfuller

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 07:38 »
Going to miss Ron big time.  He won our last cribbage game.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 11:41 »
I will miss Ron. He was always quick with a joke and a smile. RIP Ron and may God hold you close.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 02:49 »
Condolences to the family.  Ron was Site Coordinator for Bartlett when Jim arrived at Zion.

Offline nickthestick

• Light User
  • Don't hate the player, hate the game!!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 08:49 »
Sad news for sure, I worked with Ron at Rowe, prayers to his family, RIP Ron...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?