Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Outage Seasons Inquire honeypot

Author Topic: Outage Seasons Inquire  (Read 6287 times)

Offline mcdanielt

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Outage Seasons Inquire
« on: Jun 11, 2017, 12:50 »
Hello Group a newbie here. 

I am wondering what the months of the seasons are for Fall & Spring?

I always thought fall outages were from September - November and Spring from February - May some to June?

I recently heard N California & Oregon areas has a different schedule of outages than South / East coast, but my inquire is specific to Gas Turbine outages?

Thanks everyone in advance for your feedback!

Maybe it is just me, but I have NO IDEA THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS TO POST AS DOES GOOGLE!
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2017, 01:49 by mcdanielt »

JsonD13

Re: Outage Seasons Inquire
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2017, 12:50 »
Each plant and utility will have a different outage schedule and length depending on a number of factors, to include fuel burnout (i.e. cycle length) and expected maintenance/projects.

Generally there is a fall and spring outage season for nuclear plants.  With the statement above, you can expect the months to be fluid.  But generally a utility will try to get their outage in when power production demands (and replacement power costs) are lower.  Those would normally be in the fall and spring, since winter has higher heating costs and summer has higher cooling costs.

Normally, August-November/December and January/February-May would be your windows for these seasons.....

Offline RANDYNIER70

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2017, 01:41 »
I am also trying to get back into the outage scene and am having little to no luck. I was just in nuclear running outages less than 2 years ago. I have contacted all recruiters i know and am having very little luck with getting on board. What gives with them now?! I used to just call and ask to be on the schedule and POOF they were sending offers. Now it seems nobody is hiring for road work.  I have been with DZ BHI SHAW CBI and even on as an Implementation Manager for 1.5 yrs. Now it seems i have to know or BL@# someone to even get a call back form anyone anymore. I love running outages and any help getting back in would be greatly appreciated. i am a carded Millwright as well as a carded Maintenance Mechanic with well over 15 yrs exp.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2017, 02:19 »
 randynier70, their are vary few outages awn schedule this fall. sew, yeah, ya hafta no sum won oar bin intimate two git a cawl back. dee n zee has taking too halving people commit two spring work all ready.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?