Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security

Author Topic: Security  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Jackson789

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Security
« on: Jun 30, 2017, 09:44 »
I recently swore in as DEP in the USN and at MEPS for Nuke. I thought that everything was all good for my security clearance. I've read a lot of forums and they have all brought me more questions than answers so I'm hoping to compile everything.
1. What is the next step after swearing in and is there more to do in terms of them searching my background?
2. What level of security clearance will I need?
3. Does the level of security clearance change depending on which job you are going into as Nuke

Offline ComradeRed1308

• Light User
Re: Security
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2017, 11:58 »
Your security clearance stuff should happen in the background.  They should let you know if they need anything else.  Your responsibility is pretty much to fill out your SF 86 truthfully and don't do anything stupid to get your clearance denied.  Sometimes the paperwork for a clearance can get messed up and you would be stuck on hold until it gets resolved.  For security clearance level, you will need a SECRET clearance for when you get out into the fleet.  This shouldn't change depending on where you go.

Offline Jackson789

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2017, 02:20 »
Okay and when will all of this happen? I just went through all the other fun paperwork

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2017, 02:32 »
It take a while, but unless there are serious flags (or major delays), you should be good to go by the time you need it in training.

Offline Jackson789

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2017, 02:43 »
One of my last questions is what if something were to come up? For example I'm 17 and I tried to answer all of the questions correctly and honestly but let's say for example when I was too young to remember, I did something that would void my previous statements, would I be able correct that in some way? Or will I never get cleared
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2017, 02:44 by Jackson789 »

Offline ComradeRed1308

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2017, 04:41 »
Since you don't need a top secret clearance, you should be fine as long as you don't have any drug use, an extensive criminal record, or unexplained foreign contacts.  They won't really care about anything you did when you were a kid unless it was really serious.  If they need clarification on something they will let you know.  I wouldn't waste the effort being worried about your security clearance.  Did they tell you something was wrong with your clearance?

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2017, 04:56 »
They're really just looking for criminal activity, potential foreign ties, or anything that could compromise you (e.g. major debt, gambling problems, drinking, etc.). At 17, anything that happened more than 10 years ago probably won't be an issue. If you want fun, wait to do it again in 10 years and put in all the addresses and people who knew you after moving every couple years, and all the people have to be different, so if you changed apartments at your first command, that's two address and two different people.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?