Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Hackers Are Targeting Nuclear Facilities, Homeland Security Dept. and F.B.I. Say

Author Topic: Hackers Are Targeting Nuclear Facilities, Homeland Security Dept. and F.B.I. Say  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Hackers Are Targeting Nuclear Facilities, Homeland Security Dept. and F.B.I. Say

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/technology/nuclear-plant-hack-report.html

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Something the industry has been preparing and training for for over 10 years now. I don't know about the rest of you, but this is a low level of concern for me.

Sounds comparable to the "Nigerian Prince" emails of the late 90's early 00's.

Hackers wrote highly targeted email messages containing fake résumés for control engineering jobs and sent them to the senior industrial control engineers who maintain broad access to critical industrial control systems, the government report said.

The fake résumés were Microsoft Word documents that were laced with malicious code. Once the recipients clicked on those documents, attackers could steal their credentials and proceed to other machines on a network.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
At my 'yousta' plant, the IT dept would send us fishing emails  monthly, and fire anyone who fell for it.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
At my 'yousta' plant, the IT dept would send us fishing emails  monthly, and fire anyone who fell for it.

We get those from time to time.  No firings so far, but the red faces have become far fewer as people recognize what to look for.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
old knews, nutting gnu hear.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

HeavyD

The headlines are written for the scare-factor, shocking no one on this forum.

Buried deep in the articles are the statements that none of the actual plant command and control functions are physically connected to the outside, therefore shielded by another layer of protection from hacking.

But honest, fact based and truthful statements don't get people to click on your articles  :o :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?