Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Why the Greens hate nuclear power

Author Topic: Why the Greens hate nuclear power  (Read 1470 times)

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Why the Greens hate nuclear power
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2017, 10:28 »
Because it makes them look like an imposter..  They have been railing against it for 60 years.  Now all of a sudden nuclear power is "green."  But it is hard for the greenies to admit that failure.  And waffling from a negative stance to a positive one all of a sudden probably gets them all red in the face.  How embarrassing...you were dead wrong...what else are you dead wrong about?  I know most of us just sit back and laugh at California shutting all their nuclear power down instead of shutting down fossil fuel plants.  Not that the outcome is actually funny, the destruction of our country's energy infrastructure and the wasting of billions of dollars of perfectly good, hard to build nuclear plants while our country and most states have budget issues and need better paying jobs.  But the stupidity (or maybe pigheadedness) level of a whole group of people...what a joke....so nuclear power is just soooo terrible but supposedly global warming is akin to Armageddon, what should be the obvious choice?....they really look foolish by by NOT embracing atomic energy IMHO. I think they just buried their heads in the sand and keep chanting "nuclear power is bad, nuclear power is bad..."

Offline NukEMCarp1252

• Very Lite User
Re: Why the Greens hate nuclear power
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2017, 01:21 »
These people mean well.  Unfortunately, they are very misinformed.  There is an infamous professor at (you guessed it) Berkeley  who has developed a computer model which shows that the entire American grid can be fed using Solar, Wind, and Hydro as the baseline.  Unfortunately, in this model, we would somehow need to increase Hydro power ten times, as most of us informed individuals know, Hydro is not that green first of all and we may have problems just maintaining the level of hydro we have now. 
As for Solar and Wind, I think they have a place in the system and that could be the top of residential or Palm Springs...  idk. 
I like movie moments.  Anyone remember "My Cousin Vinnie when he uses a playing card to illustrate the foundation of the prosecution's case?  From one angle the card may look like a brick but when you look at it from the side, its just a card and obviously not a good building block.  Renewables are the same.  The pro-renewable tout the benefits they like and base their arguments with those facts.  But when you really dig into the details, it's not a real buidling block.  The numbers don't add up.  Mark my words, California will be a case study in about ten years on failed public policy.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?