Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC: Worth it or not?

Author Topic: NUPOC: Worth it or not?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline dfc15

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
NUPOC: Worth it or not?
« on: Jul 17, 2017, 11:18 »
Hey everyone,

I am a new user here but have been reading the forums for months now in regards to NUPOC and the Nuclear Navy in general. I know most things have been answered however I have a more specific question. I am not officially in the program yet however I will be taking the VIP trip to San Diego next month. Before I commit to anything I would like a bit more info of course.

My big question of course is how will my time in the Navy impact my civilian career? I will graduate with a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering and my grades are not too bad...think 3.4-3.5, maybe higher upon graduation. If accepted into NUPOC, I will go submarines and try for fast attack. So with all of this, after the initial commitment period and if I choose to get out...what will my engineering career look like? Will it be hurt by my time in the Navy or enhanced? Will jobs be willing to hire me? Anything related to possibilities for my post military engineering career would be helpful.

My plan is at one point to get my masters in engineering as well. There is also the possibility that I enjoy Navy life and choose to stay in. However for the purpose of this post lets just assume I get out after my initial service time. Any thoughts would be appreciated and if there is anything I should do different in future posts please by all means let me know.

Thanks everyone

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?