Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mental Health and working in the Nuke industry honeypot

Author Topic: Mental Health and working in the Nuke industry  (Read 3676 times)

Offline NightQueen

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Mental Health and working in the Nuke industry
« on: Jul 21, 2017, 12:57 »
I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question but it is one that is weighing on me.

I know that in the Navy, a person who is taking psychotropic medication or has a mental health hospitalization is disqualified from being a nuke. I remember that even taking Chantix would disqualify someone. Is this the same for the civilian nuke world? Can anyone direct me to a source where I can find verified information about this?

Thank you in advance. 

Offline Reepicheepchan

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Mental Health and working in the Nuke industry
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2018, 05:04 »
I know for a fact you can be a nuke at a naval shipyard as a DON civilian employee long as you can get a security clearance.  I was on anti-depressants when I hired in.

TVA

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2018, 07:33 »
In the NRC world it depends on the security rules and if you prove you are taking them. I know of people on anti depressants and they cleared

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2018, 11:10 »
If you are taking prescription medications, you are required to report it to the Medical office. They will determine if you can access the site.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?