Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Exelon Could Retire Three Mile Island in 2019  

Author Topic: Exelon Could Retire Three Mile Island in 2019  (Read 1238 times)

Offline News Team

Exelon Could Retire Three Mile Island in 2019
« on: Aug 01, 2017, 03:02 »
Exelon Could Retire Three Mile Island in 2019

Exelon Corp. said this week that “absent needed policy reforms,” it will prematurely retire its Three Mile Island Generating Station near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, on or about Sept. 30, 2019.

Source: Exelon Could Retire Three Mile Island in 2019

Offline SCMasterchef

Re: Exelon Could Retire Three Mile Island in 2019
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2017, 09:50 »
I started my career at TMI, born and raised in Middletown, and to this day miss the friends I made there.  A lot of really good folks have come through TMI, learning from all that has occurred there.  I hope for the sake of those new young folks and the old that have been there, that are making Unit 1 one of the best operating facilities in the country, that Exelon uses their strength to keep it open.  I know that, unfortunately, TMI #1 is a single unit plant and the destiny of single unit plants is not good.  The legacy that was created by the workers who were there during and after 79 will carry through in the nuclear industry for many years to come.  I very often wonder if leaving there was a major mistake in my career, but realize that life changes and things happen for a reason.  I will never forget the people in management and the union, that I represented, as long as I live and wish everyone the best no matter what happens.  May the future be with you all and best wishes.  MJ

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2019 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?