Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Cancelling year off enlistment after failing Nuke/ATF? honeypot

Author Topic: Cancelling year off enlistment after failing Nuke/ATF?  (Read 5866 times)

hazeyfaze

I was curious if anyone knows how to get that extra year taken off of your enlistment after failing a nuke/atf program.  They disenrolled me due to lack of ability, and sent me through Builder "A" School.  I was told that I can get the extra 12 months taken off of my enlistment, however neither myself nor my CCC knows exactly how to do this!  Any help would be most appreciated, if anyone knows please post here or preferably email me at hazeyfaze@hotmail.com.  Thanks!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Cancelling year off enlistment after failing Nuke/ATF?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2005, 09:49 »
This should be in the Navy Nuke section.

ODiesel

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2005, 06:23 »
Did you make it through nuke A school and get promoted to E-4 then fail out of power school?

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2005, 08:47 »
Heck start with a special request chit. It can't hurt.

Mike

badger

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2005, 12:59 »
Heck start with a special request chit. It can't hurt.

Mike

"I respectfully request to be set free"

That being said, since you never signed the two year extension at the end of a-school you can probably work something out.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2005, 07:31 »
Okay, here's the real answer.  If you accept accelerated promotion to E-4 at graduation of A school, you owe then a fifth year of active duty.  If you take the accelerated E-4 or not, you owe them two months of active duty beyond the required 4 for every month of training that you receive - whether you finish or not.  You will not be admitted to the NF/ATF training until you sign this agreement.  You do not have to "cancel" the extra time, your EAOS will automatically adjust to reflect the actual date that your active obligation ends.  You can find this date on your LES every month.  If your EAOS currently says that you owe them six full years of active duty, then you do.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

TurboBuick

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 12:10 »
It's extremely possible, and probable. Hell, if you push the issue you can get out of the extra year for E-4. I made it all the way through the pipeline and to the boat before I got denuked (getting hit by a semitruck can do that to you), and I was able to cancel the last two years of my contract.

There's a current NAVADMIN out about early out. Go to the NAVPERS website and search "Early Out", you'll also have to get the MILPERSMANUAL (1160-4 I believe). Both of them contain the details you'll need to cancel your extension. Make sure you read up on them and you write all your own paperwork (Start with a 1306). I had to rewrite my 1306 twice due to Yeoman changing it thinking they were helping out.

71 Days to go....

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 11:47 »
Getting hit by a truck is a pretty drastic way of snaking your way out of your enlistment early.  I have a feeling that you didn't do that on purpose, and are not advising that others repeat it.
Back in my day, you only had to say that you were homosexual.  Plenty of guys used that one.  It slowed down when they started asking for proof.
Anyway, the original poster was asking about only one year.  It is possible that he doesn't owe them any time because he never got any training.  It is also possible that his EAOS already reflects this and he isn't aware of it.  Read the top of your LES to find out.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?