Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Crawford O. Asbell  

Author Topic: Crawford O. Asbell  (Read 4246 times)

surf50

Crawford O. Asbell
« on: Aug 24, 2017, 03:54 »
I recently found out Crawford Asbell passed away last December at the age of 66. I know a few of the old timers on here knew him. I'm one of them...

Crawford worked at Turkey Point during all of the 80's and 90's, as a tech and a first line supervisor. He loved taking his boat out from his home in Key Largo, fishing and generally cruising around.

I worked with him, and mostly for him, during his career at FPL. He was an all around good tech, boss, and treated people well.

The last 20 years or so , he moved back to GA to work in IT for the local school/county. He had recently retired.
My sincere condolences to his wife and family. 66 is far too young. :(

Offline uncleal

• Lurker
Re: Crawford O. Asbell
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2017, 04:08 »
I worked with Crawford at Turkey Point.  This is very shocking news.  He was a HP Tech's Tech. 

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2017, 07:59 »
This is so sad.  I was a supervisor along with Crawford at Turkey Point.  We had some great times and a lot of laughs.  His wife Mollie was a tech and we went through fire brigade training together and she is such a sweet and wonderful person.  I last talked with Crawfie a couple of years ago and like most people we drifted apart and lost touch.  My deepest sympathy to Mollie and Ashley. 

Offline perdeim

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2017, 02:55 »
This is so sad to here , he was my supervisor my whole time at Turkey Point. Nicest guy you will ever meet , but he and Roy Spearman R.I.P. would all jam in my garage once and awhile in my home bought from the late Jock Crawford whom I respected also. I feel so sorry for Molly and their daughter whom  I never met. We lost a real good one here, may he Rest In Peace . Will miss you Dearly .

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2017, 06:41 »
I'm so sorry to hear this.  I also worked with he and Molly at PTN.  They were good people.  Prayers for his family.
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:18 »
Always enjoyed working with Crawford. He was a breath of fresh air and a fun guy to be around.Will sorely be missed by many.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?