Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Waiver Rejection Appeal
honeypot

Author Topic: Waiver Rejection Appeal  (Read 8458 times)

Offline robatworldnet

• Lurker
Waiver Rejection Appeal
« on: Aug 30, 2017, 08:38 »
I've searched the forums and haven't seen anything that addresses the issue specifically.

EDIT: removed some details to protect the inocent ...

My question:  is there a formal appeal process for waivers?

Thanks in advance, any and all advice is greatly appreciated

-Rob.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2020, 02:34 by robatworldnet »

Offline ComradeRed1308

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Waiver Rejection Appeal
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2017, 03:24 »
Your best would be to have your son talk to the recruiter about appealing the waiver rejection.  Not all recruiters may be familiar with the process for doing that so try talking to a couple different recruiters to ask about it if your son's recruiter doesn't know or doesn't think it can be done.  The Navy can be pretty strict when it comes to drugs however so they may not reconsider.  He could try other branches of the military who might grant a waiver as well.  I.E.  the Navy rejecting the waiver won't prevent him from joining other branches (although they could reject granting a waiver as well.)

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2017, 03:32 »
Here's the policy: Drug charges of any kind are disqualifying for military service.

The waiver process exists to allow exceptions for more minor infractions if the military needs additional personnel. If recruiting is healthy, the waiver won't be granted and there's nothing you can do to 'appeal' it.

In regards to your son, this looks like the charge is relatively recent and occurred after he was a legal adult. This certainly doesn't help his case.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2017, 05:29 »
I appreciate your responses.  He'll talk to the recruiting division LCPO next since the recruiter is washing her hands.  Not sure how the NAVY went from Traffic Court to Trafficking.

Thanks for the reply,

-Rob.

If the charge included p.w.i. and he pleaded guilty and paid a hundred dollars just to be done with it he messed up and the USN don't owe him a job, and don't need the people bad enough to grant the waiver,....

try the Army cause the Air Force is just about as uptight as the Navy,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2017, 09:29 »
I'm assuming you meant owi, and no the charge above is the only charge. No impaired driving, no drugs of any kind in the car. There were 2 others in the car, but it was his car and he was driving so he got the ticket. No arrest just a traffic ticket, fine paid in traffic court. And he is clean,  I did the lab pee test myself.

-Rob.

nope, I meant p.w.i.

possession with intent,..

it is a chargeable degree, even as a "civil" offence,...

p.w.i. adds the degree of intent to the offence,...

you can be charged with battery, you can also be charged with aggravated battery,...

you can be charged with possession, you can also be charged as possession with intent,...

I am not a lawyer, but I always hire one, because lawyers know what the long term consequences of any guilty plea might be,..

whatever your son plead guilty to in 2016 is jacking up his life in 2017,...

lesson learned is "always hire a lawyer, a good lawyer",...

he might still be paying that lawyer off here in 2017, but he just might be getting into the USN in 2017 also,...

maybe after 4 years in the Army, the Navy may give him a waiver,...

I dunno 'cause the services change their entrance standards quite a lot from one era to the next,...

one of those Navy recruiters may very well know,...
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2017, 09:31 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2017, 05:50 »
...18yos aren't smart enough to stop digging when they're in a hole....

true that,...

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2018, 03:49 »
Update:  fast forward almost a year ...  now 21yo son kept his life clean, learned a bit from his mistakes, moved to a different recruiting district and reapplied with a proper accounting of exactly what he did and what he did not do.  He processed through MEPS on Monday is in DEP awaiting the next step.

-Rob.

Thanx for the feedback

Offline robatworldnet

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:48 »
Fast forward another year and a half ... just attended my son's swearing in ceremony at MEPS. He's in the air, on his way to RTC!

-Rob.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:52 »
Fast forward another year and a half ... just attended my son's swearing in ceremony at MEPS. He's in the air, on his way to RTC!

-Rob.

+K

TVA

« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2019, 05:47 »

-Rob.

Thats awesome

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:19 »
Persistence may be one of the most powerful forces. It is courages' associate.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2019, 09:54 »
Any man that determined to get in the Navy should get in. Thankfully, getting out is typically easy. Power follows steam demand.
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2019, 10:06 by fiveeleven »

TVA

« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2019, 11:09 »
Any man that determined to get in the Navy should get in. Thankfully, getting out is typically easy. Power follows steam demand.

Last sentence not true

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2019, 11:21 »
Like slaying grouper in a drum. Specific target responded expediently, and although one of the smartest men alive, again demonstrates that a review of basic PWR reactor principles is required. NRC.gov has a 4.0 explanation of the process.Life is good.
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2019, 11:33 by fiveeleven »

TVA

« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2019, 01:01 »
Yet a BWR doesnt work that way..

Technically a civilian PWR only works partly that way.

I heard one I have SRO licenses for both and also heard once I teach it

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2019, 04:25 »
So the Navy has BWRs?  If you read THE WHOLE barrage of posts...it is all about the Navy.  So, yes, in the Navy..power does follow steam demand.  He was comparing the this man's progress in the Navy to steam demand at a Navy Nuclear Power Plant...try to keep up or qualify your statements.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2019, 05:21 »
And on the commercial side, 2/3 of the plant in the US are PWRs (https://www.nrc.gov/reactors/power.html), which follow the same rules as navy plants (except for using boron concentration to control power vice rods)

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2019, 12:48 »
For a guy that constantly attacks people for not reading posts...this is hysterical.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?