Career Path > Navy:Getting In

Waiver Rejection Appeal

(1/4) > >>

robatworldnet:
I've searched the forums and haven't seen anything that addresses the issue specifically.

EDIT: removed some details to protect the inocent ...

My question:  is there a formal appeal process for waivers?

Thanks in advance, any and all advice is greatly appreciated

-Rob.

ComradeRed1308:
Your best would be to have your son talk to the recruiter about appealing the waiver rejection.  Not all recruiters may be familiar with the process for doing that so try talking to a couple different recruiters to ask about it if your son's recruiter doesn't know or doesn't think it can be done.  The Navy can be pretty strict when it comes to drugs however so they may not reconsider.  He could try other branches of the military who might grant a waiver as well.  I.E.  the Navy rejecting the waiver won't prevent him from joining other branches (although they could reject granting a waiver as well.)

spekkio:
Here's the policy: Drug charges of any kind are disqualifying for military service.

The waiver process exists to allow exceptions for more minor infractions if the military needs additional personnel. If recruiting is healthy, the waiver won't be granted and there's nothing you can do to 'appeal' it.

In regards to your son, this looks like the charge is relatively recent and occurred after he was a legal adult. This certainly doesn't help his case.

GLW:

--- Quote from: robatworldnet on Sep 01, 2017, 03:57 ---I appreciate your responses.  He'll talk to the recruiting division LCPO next since the recruiter is washing her hands.  Not sure how the NAVY went from Traffic Court to Trafficking.

Thanks for the reply,

-Rob.

--- End quote ---

If the charge included p.w.i. and he pleaded guilty and paid a hundred dollars just to be done with it he messed up and the USN don't owe him a job, and don't need the people bad enough to grant the waiver,....

try the Army cause the Air Force is just about as uptight as the Navy,....

GLW:

--- Quote from: robatworldnet on Sep 01, 2017, 05:46 ---I'm assuming you meant owi, and no the charge above is the only charge. No impaired driving, no drugs of any kind in the car. There were 2 others in the car, but it was his car and he was driving so he got the ticket. No arrest just a traffic ticket, fine paid in traffic court. And he is clean,  I did the lab pee test myself.

-Rob.

--- End quote ---

nope, I meant p.w.i.

possession with intent,..

it is a chargeable degree, even as a "civil" offence,...

p.w.i. adds the degree of intent to the offence,...

you can be charged with battery, you can also be charged with aggravated battery,...

you can be charged with possession, you can also be charged as possession with intent,...

I am not a lawyer, but I always hire one, because lawyers know what the long term consequences of any guilty plea might be,..

whatever your son plead guilty to in 2016 is jacking up his life in 2017,...

lesson learned is "always hire a lawyer, a good lawyer",...

he might still be paying that lawyer off here in 2017, but he just might be getting into the USN in 2017 also,...

maybe after 4 years in the Army, the Navy may give him a waiver,...

I dunno 'cause the services change their entrance standards quite a lot from one era to the next,...

one of those Navy recruiters may very well know,...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version