Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ILT Exelon starting salary  

Author Topic: ILT Exelon starting salary  (Read 14784 times)

Offline cwbyno1@yahoo.com

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
ILT Exelon starting salary
« on: Sep 04, 2017, 10:35 »
Just out of curiosity, what kind of starting salary would you expect for an Exelon plant in say Illinois at say Clinton for an ILT? Asking for a friend... ;)

goldbergspare

Re: ILT Exelon starting salary
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2017, 03:44 »
Should be 30 something i think. I'm not completely sure though. It should say on the job information on exelon career website. :)

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2017, 10:15 »
ILT should be around $100k (probably more, as Exelon tends to pay more), give or take a bit. There should also be some bonuses throughout class for successful completion of certain phases.

Offline jumanji

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2017, 12:56 »
Does anyone know since exelon doesn't allow relocation, how much do they pay after you get the unconditional job offer before the job starts, and things that can help an individual with relocation.

TVA

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2017, 02:56 »
Ask them

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2017, 03:15 »
Exelon doesn't offer relocation for ILT? That seems unusual since most other companies offer some sort of relocation.

TVA

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2017, 06:28 »
Most companies?
TVA, DTE and Entergy don't. In fact it's quite rare.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2017, 08:10 »
I know Talen (formerly PPL), Dominion, and Southern do. So we have 50/50 so far. That leaves SCANA, Duke, Exelon, APS, Next Era (who probably doesn't), the TX plants and whoever owns Columbia.

ndsimmons

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2017, 12:31 »
Exelon doesn't offer relocation for ILT? That seems unusual since most other companies offer some sort of relocation.

Exelon does offer relocation. In fact they gave the NLO's $3k this past year for relocation.  NLOs at Clinton start out at $38/hr and after qualified get pay raise to $47/hr. As for ILT being a company positionI'm not sure. I know they make over $100k and recieve a hefty bonus for completing initial licensing.

Hope this helps.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:56 »
PSEG gave me 5K in 2000.  I don't know if they still do.

Offline jumanji

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2018, 05:51 »
Do you get that relocation money before you badge or after?

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2018, 10:19 »
The new tax law no longer allows a deduction for moving expenses. These utilities might have to start providing some kind of relocation allowance or they'll have trouble getting hirees. The allowance will probably be reported as income.

Offline ToadSuck

• Moderate User
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:24 »
When I got hired as an NLO for Duke they paid my move which was a full military style move totaling ~$15k...(2012)
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2018, 09:27 by ToadSuck »

Offline ToadSuck

• Moderate User
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:25 »
When I worked for Entergy...I didn't need a moving package so they gave me a $10k signing bonus. (2011)
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2018, 09:26 by ToadSuck »

emcwife20+

« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:01 »
Navy wife of 20+ years, hub is on terminal leave now. Hoping to get an offer from any Chicagoland plants. Hub did interview for instructor Dec 2017. Was he did well but was told they decided to hold off on the position and offered him ILT. He is flying out end of this month for required tests. I really hope he gets it, Iā€™m ready to move back home! Any advice on what to expect  or the process is greatly appreciated, thank you.

TVA

« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:28 »
The new tax law no longer allows a deduction for moving expenses. These utilities might have to start providing some kind of relocation allowance or they'll have trouble getting hirees. The allowance will probably be reported as income.

BS

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:13 »

BS

Are you thinking of moving across the country for a new career opportunity? If so, the tax bill won't let you deduct the cost of your move.

Currently, you can deduct reasonable moving expenses ā€“ exclusive of meals ā€“ if your new workplace is at least 50 miles further from your old home compared with where your old job was.

Workers who are relocating are also subject to a time test: Generally, you must work full time for at least 39 weeks during the first 12 months after you've arrived at your new location.

Finally, the move needs to be related to the start of work in that place.

The suspension of the moving expense deduction kicks in for the 2018 tax year and expires at the end of 2025.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/19/5-deductions-taxpayers-will-miss-the-most-in-the-tax-bill.html

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2018, 11:59 »
Also going away is the ability to deduct unreimbursed employee expenses (expenses incurred above and beyond your possible travel pay and per diem).

Offline PostShiftSupLife

• Light User
  • S8G Prototype 2011-2017
« Reply #18 on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:56 »
Recently hired Exelon Direct SRO ILT here. Starting salary was in the six figures, five figure signing bonus, plus annual profit sharing bonuses; also when you're in class you'll receive a percentage of your annual SRO license bonus, also when you're on shift you'll get a shift work Premium. They also offered up to $10k in moving assistance (but I had to ask for it, they did not initially offer it). Keep in mind, different plants may have different offerings, based on their manning needs.

Nothing will be paid until you actually start work (and you'll have to pass all of the psych and physical exams before your first day of work). The moving assistance is handled through a 3rd party, so unless your move costs more than the $10,000 you won't pay anything out of pocket.

emcwife20+, if you have any questions about the process I'd love to answer them for you.
Hope that helps.
S8G Prototype 2011-2017 | SRO ILT 2017+ @ Exelon

TVA

« Reply #19 on: Feb 20, 2018, 06:48 »
Great post

Offline dmkershman

• Lurker
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 08:02 »
Exelon will offer relocation, if you negotiate it. They may/probably will give it to you in the form of a sign on bonus to put the onus of tax on you but they have a pretty good relo package depending on the job you apply for. There is also a time commitment if you take the bonus, typically two years I think. If you leave before the commitment, you have to pay a prorated portion back.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 01:47 »
When I went to work for Exelon at Oyster, their relocation package was very good.  They even moved one of our cars. Did charge me to throw the kayak in the truck though.
LM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?