Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ken Young
honeypot

Author Topic: Ken Young  (Read 5166 times)

Offline DonDarHPs

• Very Lite User
  • !!
Ken Young
« on: Feb 08, 2005, 11:12 »
Our dear beloved Ken Young,

Being fondly remembered as the taller one of the nuclear Bartles and Jaymes, we will miss you.  Our hearts and prayers go out to all of your loved ones.

So sorry,
Don and Darlene

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Ken Young
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2005, 12:29 »
I am sorry to hear about Ken's passing, he was truly a nice man.
I rememer having him work with us at Palisades where he was
"permanent aux" but spent a lot of time in the can.
He also told me about the "shickshinny girls"....
he was truly a pleasure to be around, he will be fondly remembered
and missed.

Offline march2003

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2005, 03:51 »
C. Kenneth Young

Published: Feb 07, 2005 12:00 AM EST

C. Kenneth Young

C. Kenneth Young, 64, of 55 N. Decatur, Marietta, died Friday at Lancaster Hospice Center.

He was born in Philadelphia a son of the late Charles S. and Nancy Zimmerman Young. He graduated from Donegal High School Class of 1958, he was named national star farmer in his senior year for his work in FFA. Ken attended Penn State University and was a member of St. Johns Lutheran Church of Maytown. He operated the family farm in East Donegal Township for 18 years. For the past 17 years he was a health physics technician for the Bartlett Nuclear Co. of Plymouth, MA.

He was an avid fan of Penn State and Eagles football. He enjoyed his family and grandchildren. Ken and his wife Suzanne celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary in August of 2004.

Ken is survived by his wife, Suzanne Cranford Young, Marietta and three daughters, Pamela, wife of Joseph Wright, Columbia, Sonia, wife of Michael Ross, Jr., Maytown, PA and Suzanne Young of Stroudsburg; 4 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild; one brother, M. Robert Young, Mount Joy and a sister, Nancy, wife of Carl Haas, of Elizabethtown.

Visitation will be held Monday from 7-9 PM at the St. Johns Lutheran Church, N. Queen St., Maytown, PA. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his service on Tuesday at 11:00 AM from the church in maytown. Friends may call from 10 AM until time of the service. His pastor, the Rev. Robert M. Lescallette, will officiate. Burial will be in Maytown Union Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donation in his name may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or to St. Johns Lutheran Church, N. Queen, Maytown, PA 17550. Nissley Funeral Home, LTD., Mount Joy in charge of arrangements (653-1151). M. Robert Young directing.

From lancasteronline.com
make every minute count

Offline march2003

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2005, 03:58 »
I remember so well working with Ken and Fred at Beaver Valley. Two great "old guys" working seven days a week, not complaining-instead just having a good time...laughing at all of us for teasing them about being jr's. I have always admired both of them for their gumption.

I mention both of them because for so long whereever there was one, the other was not far ahead.

Ken will be greatly missed.
make every minute count

BLB

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2005, 08:35 »
The count room at saxton nuclear will never be the same.  Kenny was a friend and a great guy.  I sure miss him.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?